Main Menu

Shiny New Website?

Started by Tjm86, 02 December, 2019, 01:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 December, 2019, 02:45:40 PM
Tried submitting via the contact form but the captcha failed. (Microsoft Edge Browser)

Hi Steve - when you say the Captcha failed, what actually happened? Did it display an error message? Did the Captcha ask you to do anything (e.g. one of the tests to identify things in a photo)? Is your computer behind a proxy or operating over a VPN?

Also, if you refresh the contact page and try again, do you get the same Captcha error, or does it work when you do this?

Steve Green

Hi

Strange, it worked that time. Message sent...

I can't remember the error message, something like "CAPTCHA could not be loaded at this time"

Thanks,

Steve

2000ADWebDroid

Thanks Steve - glad it worked this time, but it does sound like there are some issues with the Captcha not always working first time that we need to investigate further

Steve Green

Yeah, it didn't get to displaying any images, this is over work's wi-fi so not sure if that has any bearing on it not working.

2000ADWebDroid

We've updated the new 2000ad.com website again today with some improvements, the main front-end changes are:

Home "hero" image layout:

• On desktop the cut has been moved up the page, revealing more of the news posts underneath.
  • On mobile there is now support for a mobile specific, square image (so should look better in portrait orientation on mobile)

Other:

• Video' posts now use the featured image when displayed in News (i.e. usually a square one). The 16:9 thumbnail is still used in the Videos section of the home page and on the Videos page.
  • ...and a whole bunch of small layout and styling tweaks.

Hopefully these changes will make for a better experience when using the site, please let us know if you have any further feedback.

wedgeski

Colin YNWA

By and large the site looks great. Love the direct links to the Podcasts. The one thing I'd say is that while there is a draw to scroll down for the first few sections each one is a little too different and by the end its a bit of a chore with no sense of 'narrative' to pull you down. So by the time you get to the last two its all been a bit of a chore and they feel tacked on. Compacting things and giving a more consistant structure to the different sections (tricky in some case I must admit) might make it work better.

So a menu at the top as 'short cuts' might work better as well - do folks still do those?