Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goaty on 21 May, 2015, 07:51:09 PM
What is different between nerd and geek?

I've always seen it that 'geek' is just a counter-culture afficianado; 'nerd' is more about obsessing/revelling over the details and stats and numbers.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jock Savage

The main difference seems to be biting the heads off chickens. Touching that so many computer nerds look up the definition of nerd

Third Estate Ned

Posting here to not derail the Last Movie Watched thread. I thought Lesbian Seagull was Sauchie's new board name after being called Butch for a bit but now here they both are.

Which one was Sauchie? And who was the other one? I'm so confused.

Hawkmumbler

My understanding:

Butch = Sauchie
Lesbian Seagull = Prof. Bear
White Falcon = Sharky
Bear Shark = ?????

Honestly, constant name changes really annoy me.

Third Estate Ned

You see, I thought Bear Shark was Prof. Bear. Now Butch is back on the scene, I don't understand anything.

I, Cosh

Bear Shark = King Pops

Name changes don't bother me (unless you count being annoyed because I don't know how) but I wish everyone would get over this fad for vulgarly inflated avatars.
We never really die.

Professor Bear

No, I am actually both, that's why you never see the two different accounts posting at the same time - I have to sign out, then sign in again.  I'm amazed I've got away with it this long, but then I suppose the moderators don't really care as long as I don't post death threats again.

Dark Jimbo

It really couldn't be simpler:

When the Legendary Shark became the White Falcon, Butch (formerly Sauchie) was the Lesbian Seagull; then Bear Shark (formerly Prof Bear and many, many others) also became Lesbian Seagull, so now Lesbian Seagull (not the Bear, but Sauchie) has gone back to Butch (but not Sauchie). Meanwhile, King Pops became Bear Shark. This means that Hawkmonger must become Sauchie, Jim Campbell is Roger Godpleton and Goaty and Thryllseeker swap places (except on alternate Thursdays, when both will be Judge Burdis and the real Judge Burdis becomes Zenarcade.

Clear?
@jamesfeistdraws

Goaty

The Legendary Shark

If I'd known simply changing my name would unleash such anarchy, I'd have done it years ago!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I only did it because all the cool kids were doing it.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

I did it because the invisible blue pixies living in my ears told me to.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Blue pixies are smurfs.

Never take advice from a smurf - too easy to misinterpret.

The Legendary Shark

My pixies are invisible but swear a lot.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Goaty