Main Menu

2000 AD ART STARS - HALO JONES

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 17 July, 2019, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 October, 2019, 12:13:40 PM
Para Handy?  Is that just (rather good) speculationising, or has the Magus ever offered up?

Like Damon Lindelof, I feel I just sort of know what Moore thinks.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Frank on 23 October, 2019, 12:17:06 PM
Para Handy?  Is that just (rather good) speculationising, or has the Magus ever offered up?

:D
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 23 October, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

As long as you're clear that this is what ALAN MOORE thinks, the ALAN MOORE that also wrote Watchmen, whose intentions regarding the future treatment of ALAN MOORE's work (including Watchmen) are mysterious, even deliberately ambiguous, to this very day, except to you.

M.I.K.

I always just assumed Clara Pandy was a reference to Para Handy but that doesn't mean the name can't also be a reference to something else an' all.

Richard

I'm delighted with the choice of winner. It's brilliant.

Tiplodocus

Ah, I had assumed that VITAL SPARK was one of those "World Famous in Scotland" things (like Sydney Devine) so didn't think it would have reached Northampton.

You're mentally humming "Tiny Bubbles" now, aren't you
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

I'm not sure the TV series ever got a network broadcast, but the show was based on a successful series of books*. If there's one thing The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen has taught us, it's that Alan Moore was the kind of kid with multiple library cards.

* The film The Maggie was also based on Munro's books, although the names were changed

CrazyFoxMachine

Cheers for the comments chaps - and the obscure-yet-vital Mooreknowledge is always good.

The new theme will be with us next week, until then - all the entries for the Halo theme can be seen in our Facebook gallery (click here) and we'll share some of the best of them on here over the next few days :)

CrazyFoxMachine

Another unseen entry highlight, this one from Roger Blake entitled "Recurring Nightmare"

New theme to be announced ssssssoon  ;)

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws