Main Menu

Brett Ewins hospitalised by police

Started by CraveNoir, 17 January, 2012, 05:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

Really sad  :(

I was so looking forward to meeting him in Cardiff in February , but I presume he's going to be detained for a while now. Here's hoping for a speedy outcome.
...because I hate you.

strontium71

A quote from the article..

' No-one wants to have to deal with a man wielding a knife, especially on a Saturday morning.'

As opposed to having a man wield a knife at any other day of the week... :rolleyes:
...because I hate you.

SuperSurfer

Terrible news. Bad that a policeman was injured as well.

strontium71

Oh , but of course. I should have mentioned that , but just focused on Brett first. I hope that all involved are ok.
...because I hate you.

Greg M.

Bloody hell. Awful news on every level.

SmallBlueThing

This is just terrible. No idea what to add, except that I hope Brett gets well soon and that the officer who was stabbed recovers completely also. Just dreadful.

SBT

Bat King

Quite sad to hear.  Mental health issues are all to often left unchecked, Mr Pound's comments about this are all too often true.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Buddy

Zarjazzer

terrible terrible news! I hope they both recover swiftly.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Emperor

That is grim news for everyone involved, Brett Ewins, the policeman (and the policemen put in such a difficult position) and all their friends and family.

He had a nervous breakdown in 1991 and 2004's The Dark Gate was him returning to comics after a long time away and his site says he was working on a second volume of that and a Johnny Nemo Anthology. Along with last years "The Art of Brett Ewins" and him being hailed as an influence by British graffiti artists, along with his own artwork and exhibitions, it felt like things might be slowly turning around for him. And now this...

All we can do is hope for a swift recovery (both him and the policeman) and that he gets the help he needs to sort things out.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Thats pretty sad all round. Hope Brett gets all the help he needs.

Heath C Ackley

Very sad news, hope Brett and the officer involved make a speedy recovery.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Steve Green

Nothing more to add really, a sad situation...

Karl Stephan