Main Menu

2000 AD webshop back online...

Started by 500, 16 January, 2017, 02:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The 2000 AD webshop is now back online following its major upgrade.

https://shop.2000ad.com

Please note: some teething issues are to be expected so please post any bugs / odd behaviour here.

*bump* this thread to the top of active topics...

I, Cosh

First attempt still showed the "upgrading" page.

Second attempt went straight to my work's "blocked content" blacklist.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings!
We never really die.

CalHab

Colin YNWA

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

I, Cosh

All shiny and chrome now I'm back home.

The big question is whether I can still buy the new Prog at one minute past midnight.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

So, everything worked okay last night when I made my first purchase. I do have a couple of comments though. Some of these are probably down to my own fuckwittedness, while others may already be on your list but bear with me.

- Unclear what version you're buying. I bought the new Prog and Meg by clicking the green button below each on the shop home page. It was only when I was asked for a delivery address during checkout that I discovered the Prog was the print version and the meg digital.

- Reviewing the list during the checkout process, I couldn't see anything to tell me which version I was buying.

- When I went back to the start and did the "review in basket" or whatever, I could see which was digital and which physical.

- Formats. The latest Prog was only available as pdf or zip (rather than cbz.) Not a big problem, but inconsistent.

- Location. The only place I could see these two comics was on the home page. Going into the individual 2000AD or Meg sections doesn't show individual issues and I couldn't see a section for 2017.

- Currency. I know I asked this before about the Rebellion portal but you really need an option to select the billing currency. Basing it on location seems like a good idea but there is no way someone buying a GN with a UK credit card for delivery to a UK address should have to pay in Euros (thus incurring FX and other charges) just because they are on holiday at the time.
    I'm aware these are very different systems and transactions but, for example, pricing in the iOS app is locked to my account, irrespective of where I am, and any time I buy plane tickets I can choose what currency to pay in depending on where I am at the time.

- 2017 in the app. I was happy to see that the 2017 Progs had moved to their expected position in the app today. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a 2017 Megazine folder or any sign of 380 in the 2016 folder. NB This was at 2 in the morning, so maybe it's upadated now.

Sorry to moan so much. You're doing a grand job lads.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Aha. Forgot there was a thread here. I sent the following to Molch-R earlier, but will post it publicly as well:

- All the animation's fun (i.e. really not fun) for people with motion disorders (*waves*). (The top banner whizzing across is _really, really_ bad, but also the transitions are a problem. You should enable a setting to turn off all animations and store that via a cookie. If this isn't yet part of your app, it'd be good to see it there too – see Chunky for iOS or even Comixology, which finally optionally nuked transitions recently).

- When in the graphic novels section, the tab interaction feels weird. On tablets, you can swipe them, but on desktop must click-drag with a pointer. You can't just swipe using a trackpad. I imagine many people won't find that requirement discoverable, leading to a lot of click click click to get to the bit they want.

- Scrolling with a trackpad on the Mac sometimes breaks. In Graphic Novels > More Titles, I've sometimes found it impossible to get below Bad Company unless I use the keyboard to navigate.

- Books within series now appear to be listed in reading order, which is great. But there is no way to revert to this without a full page refresh, if you happen to click on title or release date.

- Books are no longer listed as paperback or hardback. That could be a problem from a customer service standpoint if people are expecting one but get the other.

- Page counts are no longer provided, which is a pity.

- Prog numbers are now omitted from story indexes (which is a shame when people are trying to track things they like by Prog number/Meg number)

Note that design-wise, it all looks rather smart. But from an accessibility standpoint, the site now actually makes me physically ill (vestibular disorders are such fun!), and from a usability standpoint, there are some issues that could do with hammering out.

shaolin_monkey

Now you've redesigned the shop please can you stock the merchandise section with the Rogue Trooper Biochip Beanie? :D

Bojay1997

Looks like a lot of issues are missing.  Entire years of back issues of 2000AD went from being in stock last week to gone this week.  Maybe the store is still populating? 

2000ADWebDroid

Thanks for all the feedback, all useful stuff - we're prioritising addressing any outstanding teething bugs with the new web shop (quite a few got fixed yesterday), then will review the suggestions for improvement. We already had some planned improvements in the pipeline anyway, but are always open to suggestions for  more, though some may be more practical to implement than others.

Anyway, rest assured we are reading your comments and taking notice and will do what we can to make the 2000 AD web shop better and better.

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: Bojay1997 on 19 January, 2017, 05:06:38 AM
Looks like a lot of issues are missing.  Entire years of back issues of 2000AD went from being in stock last week to gone this week.  Maybe the store is still populating?

Hmmm... the stock levels shouldn't have changed much from last week, though we did re-sync our stock level data with our warehouse before the re-launch. If there are any specific issues you think were there last week but aren't now, I can ask our warehouse to check actual stock to verify.

2000ADWebDroid

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 January, 2017, 10:41:49 PM
All shiny and chrome now I'm back home.

The big question is whether I can still buy the new Prog at one minute past midnight.

You should be able to

Pyroxian

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 18 January, 2017, 11:13:26 PM
Now you've redesigned the shop please can you stock the merchandise section with the Rogue Trooper Biochip Beanie? :D

+1

Also the Mean Machine one - actually can we have 5 Mean Machine ones (1,2,3,4,4 1/2), so that I can wear whichever one suits my mood that morning :D