Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2019

Started by Hawkmumbler, 17 December, 2018, 09:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacabreMagpie

Just as a note of interest, I'll be tabling with fellow 2017 TB comps winner Laura Bailey, so if anyone is entering the pitch-fest or art challenge you're welcome to stop off at our table for a pep-talk.

Tiplodocus

I plan on entering the Pitch Fest. I guess there's somewhere I need to register beforehand. Not done a Pitch Fest since Dreddcon days so any advice gratefully received.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

MacabreMagpie

You just turn up as far as I know, though you'd best get there early as it's first-come-first-served on the mic.

Last year's pitch fest was recorded and put on the thrillcast, so you can hear how it usually goes here: https://2000ad.com/post/4274

RaggedMan

Hi Tiplodocus, it's a bit of a camp out the night before deal. I spoke to someone at last year's TB who was... like 12th in line or summat like that and they didn't get to him. If you really want to do it get in early. Good luck.

Bhuna

Just to keep every in the loop, the exhibitors map is now live and event looks HUGE!!

I'll be in the 'Ask for Mercy' Hall and have our own little Artist Alley run with forum legends Neil McClement, Christ Askham, Bolt-01, Conor and Lizzie Boye (Disconnected Press) and art droids Steve Austin and David Hitchcock.

Ask For Mercy Map
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dandontdare

Ha, that definitely sounds like the forumite's alley to meet up  - most of the exhibitors I know are on that list- and lovely to have the Boyles in the neighbourhood for a change

Hawkmumbler

Know I mentioned it to DDD down the pub but hadn't posted anything about it here yet so....basically live came at me hard this month and I have to decided between which convention to make in November, Thought Bubble or MCM Birmingham. Normally I would have gone for TB without a doubt, but as I had already sunk a sizable chunk into Bham, had to pull out of attending Harrogates own convention this year.

Hope the regular crew love the new digs and I can't wait to see how y'all get on, catch you at the next one.

Proudhuff

Best o luck Hawkie, and the rest of you post pics here... already thinking of attending next years
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

another thread gets my jobbie touch  :-X
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Proudhuff on 24 October, 2019, 04:50:19 PM
Best o luck Hawkie, and the rest of you post pics here... already thinking of attending next years

Cheers Huffers, hope to see you next year!

Bolt-01

Only 24 hours to go before the FQP 3 roars up the motorways of England (at the ubiquitous 50 MPH limit) to visit Harrogate and prepare for Thought Bubble 2019!

Come by, say hi and stock up on Zarjaz & Dogbreath! You know it makes sense.

--note - no kickstarting required - FQP comics are self-funding and choc-full of thrills!--
[/i]

sbelmont

Dandontdare

Lots of trains in Yorkshire cancelled due to flooding ... can't get definite details yet on my own train this evening, but it's not looking good.  :-\

Bolt-01

Yeah - there's lots of warnings for the roads in the area.

Good luck to everyone travelling today.