Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

vzzbux

once these screws are in they can't be screwed out.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

Quote from: vzzbux on 21 October, 2010, 09:16:16 PM
once these screws are in they can't be screwed out.

Neat! So they only offer resistance when turned clockwise, but slip when force is applied anti-clockwise.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Yep. After my shed got raided via the hinges this was the way to prevent a repeat performance.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Kerrin

Quote from: Noisybast on 21 October, 2010, 04:47:42 PMGot the job.

WAHEY! Congratulations Noisy!

And I'm glad you thwarted the thieving little twats CF.

Cyberleader2000

I am amused by my new sig which gives live updates about how many play station 3 trophy's I have I found This fun thing by accident. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Peter Wolf

Good work getting the job.

Good job getting the work.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Banners

For the last few days I have been involved in a three way tug-of-love between myself, Three and Phones4U. Intending to move to Orange (via Phones4U), Three refused to give me my PAC. Their customer retention department called four times yesterday, and eventually, after much debate, beat Phones4U's deal and convinced me to stay.

So, I called Phones4U to cancel. Phones4U then offered me a cheque for £144 to switch - thus matching Three's total cost over the 24 months, and a contract offering hundreds more free minutes (100 v 500) and texts (100 v 3000) per month to boot. So, I shall go with them after all.

I called Three to tell them I shall be leaving, and they can't beat this now. Instead they have this morning been telling me that Phones4U are in trouble with Ofcom for misselling and that I should stick with Three for "peace of mind".

It's been quite a drawn out process over the last few days. But a lot of narky calls has resulted in a free phone and 20% off the contract compared to what I thought I was going to pay...

M@

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Lady Festina

I had to sacrifice my Saturday afternoon to work -  :(

BUT, I've just finished and there's an episode of House starting right about now  :)

staticgirl

All the media stories about Phones4U mis-selling date from 2 years ago - one assumes they have improved since then.

Something Fishy

Peter Wolf

I bought 13 progs between 28 and 41 for 6 quid all in VG condition for 50p each and a 12" single of This Charming Man for 2 quid this morning.

I also found a small enamel sign that was from a company called Dodo Designs who used to have a fantastic shop like an Emporium in Tunbridge Wells [next to the Pantiles] back in the early 80s.They used to reproduce retro designs.It was a fantastic shop if anyone remembers it.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Noisybast

Thanks, people. It's only a temp contract, but it'll tide me over while I look for something permanent: )
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!