Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 14 February, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 February, 2012, 04:56:40 PM
Nothing is more satisfying than occupying my unassailable plot on the moral high ground that comes from not having children so once again you lose.

How is not having children a 'Moral High Ground'

you tit. please piss off

Granted that is the first thought that often zips across the mind of a reader of one of Roger's posts, but then one tends to reformulate their reply to match the tongue-in-cheek* manner we must assume his reply was made in (or was it... ?).

Quote from: TordelBack on 14 February, 2012, 05:37:38 PM
Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 14 February, 2012, 05:30:35 PM
How is not having children a 'Moral High Ground'

Reducing unequal consumption of finite resources, for one thing.  I actually agree with Roger there, but I'm afraid the chance to legitimately, unironically, enjoy things like Santa Claus, repelling imaginary pirates, learning to read, day-long sandcastle building and elaborate teddy bears' picnics, overwhlelms my certainty that adding more kids to the planet is the ultimate act of selfishness.

Roger does all of those things, unironically.**

* although whose tongue in whose/which cheek is very difficult to ascertain from this angle

** As long as they are euphemisms for bodily functions
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Roger Godpleton

All my posts are completely serious all the time. I have a MA which proves this fact.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

The real irony here is that Roger's existence proves his point about having children.

To sum up: your mum.

- Trout

Roger Godpleton

Why do I keep having to explain that I use "mom" instead of "mum" and that you should do the same as the North American spelling creates a sense of detachment that stops things from getting too personal.

TordelBack

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 February, 2012, 06:16:48 PM
All my posts are completely serious all the time. I have a MA which proves this fact.

MA = Monster Anus  :sick:

Trout

TordelBack

Completed a tiling job strictly as a returned favour, and when unpacking my toolkit discovered a 'thank you' note with a chunk of cash.  I'm torn between feeling insulted (I made it clear I was returning a favour), embarrassed (I'm only a novice tiler, and I was only tipping away at it an hour or two at a time as I could spare them), and relief that I'll be able to afford to replace a dodgy tire on the car.  Stupid thing is that it was only a small job for someone who (unlike me) knew what they were doing, and they could probably have got a proper tiler for not much more than they gave me.

SmallBlueThing

Honestly dont know where to put this, sort of okay, fantastic or spugs.

My wife's away in germany at the moment, so after our boys trip to ghost rider yesterday, i was going to take my sons over to brighton today, thinking i could pop into the comic shop and pick up a few things while im there. However, ive just ordered everything i wanted to buy, off the interwebz, for less than the cost of the train travel to brighton, and as a result now have enough cash to take us all to the phantom menace this afternoon. This means im not supporting my 'local' comic shop, or local industry, and instead am feeding pounds into some kid's bedroom-based internet business, while at the same time- well, going to see the phantom menace.
Sigh.

SBT

Gonk

It's a sort of "life has it bittersweet moments because..." post then, SBT. :D

coming at a cinema near you soon

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 February, 2012, 08:30:59 AM
Completed a tiling job strictly as a returned favour, and when unpacking my toolkit discovered a 'thank you' note with a chunk of cash.  I'm torn between feeling insulted (I made it clear I was returning a favour), embarrassed (I'm only a novice tiler, and I was only tipping away at it an hour or two at a time as I could spare them), and relief that I'll be able to afford to replace a dodgy tire on the car.  Stupid thing is that it was only a small job for someone who (unlike me) knew what they were doing, and they could probably have got a proper tiler for not much more than they gave me.

If you want, you can shampoo my carpet for free so you won't feel guilty.

Satanist

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 18 February, 2012, 09:39:09 AM
...This means im not supporting my 'local' comic shop, or local industry, and instead am feeding pounds into some kid's bedroom-based internet business, while at the same time- well, going to see the phantom menace.
Sigh.

SBT

I know George Lucas is a dick but he actually works out of his dads loft. ILM fills up the basement.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Roger Godpleton

When I left for work, it turned out that I'd locked my sister and her dumb boyfriend out of the house.

SmallBlueThing

Because a week or so ago i joined a facebook group devoted to romero's day of the dead, that has proven to be an absolute goldmine or rare stuff and fantastic goodies- as well as, like this very board, a haven of mostly decent obsessives. This led to my buying my first piece of original art- by our very own graeme neil reid- and then today to actual conversation with john amplas- who famously played the titular messed-up teen in romero's martin. Nice guy, and a nice group.

SBT

Emperor

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 18 February, 2012, 12:10:31 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 18 February, 2012, 08:30:59 AM

If you want, you can shampoo my carpet for free so you won't feel guilty.

Although you'll need a chisel to get through the jizz crust first.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+