Main Menu

Shop and Delivery charges

Started by gurnard, 07 September, 2017, 08:06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

I just went to the shop to take advantage of the 50% reduction for Rogue.
I have not been there a while it is ok.
When I go to through the checkout process it asks for a billing address and then skips to credit card, without displaying total amount including shipping.

Is it just me or should it display the amount I am going to pay before I give up my card details?

The cart/trolley does not display any info about delivery nor can I find anything in the FAQ.
I ain't giving my card up without knowing the amount. Also no PayPal?

cheers
Martin

Eamonn Clarke

Yes it should.

For a UK address one graphic novel is £3.57 (I think it's the same for two)
For three or all four Rogues it will be £5.35 if my order history is correct
HTH
:thumbsup:

I, Cosh

Stupid question but did you definitely order the print version?
We never really die.

gurnard

Yeah I have done it twice more using Opera and Chrome and it is definitely print and it just skips from billing to payment even when "use billing as delivery" is checked or unchecked.

I am using my account and am logged in maybe i'll try it logged out.

gurnard

ha ha yeah can't do it without being logged in

2000ADWebDroid

Hi - this is something we're looking into, as well as the checkout flow in general, as we're not entirely happy with how it currently works.

Certainly agree that having the order details and amount displayed before payment is something that should always happen, in fact should probably show this throughout the whole checkout process .

We'd also like to be able to offer some kind of estimated delivery cost amount, even if you're not logged in.

Also expect to see some further significant improvements to the shop released in batches over the next few months (e.g. we've started to add Preview images to products, at least the new ones).

gurnard

Thanks for the response. For me not displaying the total amount before asking for my credit card details means I will not shop.
I will not give my card details if I don't know the total amount. I think anyone who does is a bit crazy the amount could be anything.

Maybe there is a confirmation step before the card is charged. But if I decide to stop at the confirmation step I have still given you my card details!!!!

To me this is a no-brainer but maybe I got it all wrong.

Also unchecking the "use this as my delivery address" under the billing address should then take you to a screen where you enter the delivery address. It does not it skips to card details. There is a delivery bullet in your wizard steps but it is skipped.  Seems like a bug to me.

cheers

2000ADWebDroid

@gurnard - I agree we need to change this behaviour, we'll try to action this as soon as we can. Thanks for your feedback

2000ADWebDroid

BTW just to confirm/clarify, we don't ever actually store any payment card details ourselves on our own servers,  any payment card details that are stored are stored with our payment provider, Stripe (see: https://stripe.com/ ), which is a regulated payment provider. For cards details that have previously been stored with Stripe via the 2000 AD web shop, we just reference these for payment via a secure "token", but we never actually see the card details ourselves.

I know this doesn't address the current issue of not always displaying the amount to be charged before asking for card details, but thought you might like to know that we don't actually hold card details ourselves.

gurnard

Hello @2000ADWebdroid. Thanks for the info