Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith 666

No never rotated my tv be afraid my it would break.it must look blurry as hell at that resolution or are was it Xbox live version you played and more importantly how's the final chapter  :)

Satanist

I dug out the gamecube about 6 months ago and was sooo happy to finally see stage 3 on Ikaruga. Never got there before or since.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Zenith 666

I could get to end of chapter 3 on one credit on hard difficulty on Ikaruga years ago.did a few hours of F-zero but had to stop as my eyes started to bleed.The speed dear lord the speed and I barely placed in any race.F-zero on GameCube is absolutely hard as nails.

Rog69

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 02 September, 2014, 02:35:22 PM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 02 September, 2014, 02:17:47 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 02 September, 2014, 12:20:16 PM
Mind you, I was using a wireless, with the charging cable plugged into a USB port - maybe that was the problem?  Presumably it's only direct-wired 360 controllers that work on a PC?

Yup, only the very latest edition of the wireless pads can be used on the PC. But all the old wired ones can be

Aha!  Therein lies the problem - cheers!  I may well invest in an old wired one for my PC then, and give Titanfall a go on the controller.

You can buy a wireless Xbox pad and the PC receiver as a package for around £30, I bought one last year and it works flawlessly.

My only experience of playing an FPS with a controller was one of the Killzone games on the PS3, after years of mouse and keyboard gaming on the PC it was more like a stroke victim simulator than a game.

Professor Bear

The Killzone 2 controls are infamously terrible.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 02 September, 2014, 05:22:57 AM
Quote from: Theblazeuk on 01 September, 2014, 11:06:49 AM
Picked up State of Decay whilst it was £3. Fun enough to begin with, wish it was a bit less Dead Risingy? Only played 30 minutes this morning before work though. Just the guns seemed a little pointless compared to the power of my 2X4.

Same here, even though I have it on X-Box-Live!

At the moment, (After remembering that I read about this MOD in a gaming magazine!) and since I had purchased a bundle of the Civilisation Complete Edition (No I didn't really, I brought Civ 5 bundled with the two or three games that came before it in the same series.) I also brought Beyond Earth

Anyway, I am interested in getting this Faerun Mod (Don't know why it hasn't been translated to English!) to work on Civ 5. It's supposed to and it's based on fantasy Advanced Dungeons & Dragons world belonging to Forgotten Realms. If you played that popular table top role playing game (I just mentioned!) in the during a large chunk of the early 90's. Then you will know what I'm talking about.

Otherwise, check out these other games based on the world of Faerun.

Neverwinter Nights - One and Two I once tried this game on a few occasions while using one of the internet gaming cafes down in Sydney N.S.W. and thought it need more work. Although I was very impressed with how they kept most the A.D.&D. mechanics in it and even displayed them as numbers and modifers on the screen. 

Baldurs Gate I purchased this game in the days when I was always short of cash and living from pay check to pay check. I actually recall thinking to myself that I could spend my last $80.00 on a trip to the brothel or this game. I'm not sure of the exact outcome, but I do own this on the original cd's (As I still have them right now!) and remember spending money on a hooker either on that day or when I got payed two weeks later. The game itself wasn't all that. Yet, I assume you get more out of it when you invest more time in playing it than I actually did. I only purchased it again on Steam when it was upgraded to the Enhanced - Edition. I still haven't played it much since I played the original. Which had stopped doing after I got sick of controlling a entire party of different character who I had sent in different direction while exploring a dungeon. Like I wrote, it needs my full attention and commitment to play this.

Neverwinter Online Since I downloaded and installed the free version of this game. I was more impressed and made more of effort to get into it before the computer I was playing it one started playing up. As side from the few usual problems I noticed with a lot of these multiplayer online role playing games and the fact that it seemed like it played more like arcade game rather the computer adaption of the table top version. I could get really hooked into playing this game and may lay into once I get some spare time after it's been downloaded.

There are also a lot novels I used read that were based on this world. Ice Wind Dale trilogy was one of my favourites and their is even a expansion to game I just mentioned that is specific to that area on the map.

If you want to know more about this. Read this Mod of the Week: Faerun, for Civilization V.

See if one of yous can figure out while I'm waiting for the game to prep on Steam.

I managed to get the game working with that Faerun - Mod, but you really need the God And Kings expansion to get that version I used working. There was another version that required Brave New World, but I didn't want spend another $50.00 AUD this fortnight.

Once I sussed out how to get eh mod read on my computer using some free unzipping software. Which I'm still unsure about since it keep reminding mw to pay for it If I want to use it and this was after I had already brought the retail version a late last year with the new computer. It just long story , but I think I got it done with the free version or another free download that does the same thing.

The game even has it's own mod manager. So, that was all it took to get the game working and I was playing for a while with Shadow Play recording my game. Until I accidently pushed my chair up against the plug that connects the computer to electrical socket and shut it down.

That was last night.

The game mod seemed like it need more work to get any of the workers I asked for to do anything. It took me years before I was close enough to get them working on the land around where I had planted Mithral Hall because I chose Bruenor Battle-Hammer as a leader because the was the only character the game mod had given me that I knew of from the novels I read.

You can chose to place your starting town/city/settlement anywhere close to where your settlers appear on the map that I didn't even think was the proper world of Faerun. I did have a Faerun map (There is also a Underdark map. NOw that I think about that, perhaps I should have chose that instead for correct map to start with Mithral Hall!)for me to choose, but I thin it was only that in name only. After I had preset the game I was playing in a Huge world. Despite picking a well known dwarven leader, the character still look like normally proportioned human. Even if they might seem a bit shorter. The thing about their city of Mithral Hall is that it's supposed to be in a large underground cavern and not on top like it was in the land and right on the coast.

Aside from that the game was very slow going. I only had my human looking dwarfish warriors encounter a barbarian encampment filled with large wolves and a random ogre after building second town/city/settlement.

Aside from including magic and having a selection of all their spheres. The game isn't that different from the norm Civ 5 game. 

Then I brushed the back of my computer chair up against the wall where the computer plug is plugged in to the wall to the right of me. Shutting down the computer...taking the unsaved game with it.  :'(

I will give this game mod another chance before I decide wether it's really worth having aside from being for free.

Here are a list of other Civ 5 Mods listed in this video.

I only found these web pages for these Mods that are on untranslated page and I'm not even sure of where I can download them....I think one has been abandoned.

Prehistoric - Era

Warcraft.

There was a Celts - Mod as well, but having problems unzipping with the software I downloaded.

Uploading my gameplay video now.

JamesC

Mario Kart 8.

I've never really been particularly fond of any of the Mario Kart games (the ones I've played anyway) after the SNES original (even, strangely, the GBA remake) but I have to say, this is really, really good.
Somehow they've just got the feel right. That's not to say it feels the same as the original game but I knew within 30 seconds of picking up the controller that it was going to be a great game.
Recommended to any WiiU owners.

Link Prime

Quote from: JamesC on 05 September, 2014, 10:26:45 AM
Mario Kart 8.

Haven't got it yet, but hearing nothing but greatness.

Satanist

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 September, 2014, 11:34:01 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 05 September, 2014, 10:26:45 AM
Mario Kart 8.

Haven't got it yet, but hearing nothing but greatness.

I love Nintendo stuff but hated the Wii. A few goes on MK8 and thats me and the kids Xmas sorted. :)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

JamesC

Mario Kart 8 is currently at £34.75 in The Game Collection's flash deal. That's the best price I found and picked it up in another of their flash deals earlier in the week (maybe they have loads of stock or something).
10 hours left and counting.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/mario-kart-8-wii-u.html

Zenith 666

The wii is unfairly ridiculed its got loads of absolutely top class games you just got to dig through a ton of casual tat to find them unfortunately.

radiator

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 05 September, 2014, 08:03:19 PM
The wii is unfairly ridiculed its got loads of absolutely top class games you just got to dig through a ton of casual tat to find them unfortunately.

Hmmm, not sure I agree. I think the best game I ever owned on Wii was Resident Evil 4, which came from the console generation previous!

Wii Sports was fun, Wario Ware had its moments, Twilight Princess was just OK and Mario Galaxy was good but never really grabbed me like 64 did. I'm struggling to think of many other decent titles.

Zarjazzer

Sniper 3 and SW KOTOR MMorpg, goodbye RL....
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Zenith 666

Wii games no one Played:sin and punishment,Zak and wiki,Hotd overkill,xenoblade chronicles,de blob,ghost squad,dead space extraction I could go on and the virtual console had some absolute gems including a great port of cave story.i got plenty of bang for my buck with the wii.

ThryllSeekyr

More about the Faerun - Mod....

They are still using B.C. and A.D. just like they had their own version of Jesus Christ.

Perhaps every Dungeons and Dragons has one.