2000 AD > News

New 2000AD Audios

(1/9) > >>

judgeurko:
So we have the cast announced for this but it seems to be slightly confusing to me,are they audio dramas or audio books? The two are quite different formats. https://2000ad.com/news/richard-armitage-sheila-atim-and-joseph-fiennes-to-star-in-2000-ad-audiobook-adaptations/

Andrew_J:
I'm assuming they meant audio drama. A dry read of a comic would be pretty dull.
I'm really looking forward to these.

Dash Decent:
I think it's a bit of a mix.  There's an existing thread discussing it here (click).  They also seem to have a cast of about five people - which may put them on par with the Big Finish audios - but I'm somewhat disappointed to see that both Dredd stories include a narrator.  Both The Pit and America have a grand sweep to them.  It would be lovely to have all that put into your mind's eye with a soundscape rather than using narration.

pauljholden:
Quite a lot if the pit (take this page, for instance) relies on an unseen narrator, so it makes sense to cast one...

You can't have Dredd read that out loud (though it represents his thinking) and it's such fun meaty stuff (and important) you don't want to lose it and I don't think any audio soundscape in the world could cover the text in that last panel...

judgeurko:

--- Quote from: pauljholden on 21 February, 2021, 10:11:02 AM ---Quite a lot if the pit (take this page, for instance) relies on an unseen narrator, so it makes sense to cast one...

You can't have Dredd read that out loud (though it represents his thinking) and it's such fun meaty stuff (and important) you don't want to lose it and I don't think any audio soundscape in the world could cover the text in that last panel...

--- End quote ---
True but if it is an adaptation, like they do with novels on radio 4 they will just have to rewrite bits & excise stuff to make it work as a drama rather than an audio book

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version