Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Indeed. These scientists, however, are working on relatively simple but ultimately unpredictable systems to come up with fairly accurate predictions because the probe-makers pay them to. Other scientists work on extremely complex systems with fundamental chaotic aspects which they feed partially into computer simulations and interpret the estimated results as solid, unquestionable fact because the ruling class pays them to. Calms down
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

Proudhuff

Sorry Shark, wasn't meant to troll you, just sheer devilment! >:D

Its not rocket science by the way... hold on...
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

No probs - sometimes I just can't help myself!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Belief in a flat earth was the swan-song of my mate's many conspiracy theories.  It all began to crumble when he began to see how quickly that particular one fell apart.  And I'll smugly put it out there that I helped him on his way by introducing him to concepts like cognitive bias and Occam's Razor (with thanks to Danny Franks for introducing the latter to ME).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I did look into the Flat Earth theory but was far from convinced - way too much special pleading.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mardroid

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 November, 2018, 06:31:38 PM
I did look into the Flat Earth theory but was far from convinced - way too much special pleading.

Plus evidence
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Here's one of the conversations I had with a Flat Earther: Me - "If the Earth is flat, why doesn't it tumble through space like a flipped coin?" FE - "Because it's not in space." Me - "Eh?" FE - "It's floating on a cosmic ocean." Me - "Water?" FE - "Of course." Me - "I see. So what's the water sitting on or in?" FE - "Nothing, it's just water that's infinitely deep." Me - "Infinite water means infinite mass, which means infinite gravity - so how come the Earth doesn't sink or get crushed flat?" FE - "Because of the crystal dome covering the disk, keeping it airtight and buoyant." Me - "And this dome must be infinitely thick, obviously, to avoid being crushed by the infinite gravity of the infinite water." FE - "Not at all. The crystal dome is perfect because God made it." Me - "Seriously?" FE - "Yes - it's the only explanation that makes sense." Me - "I'm sorry, that makes no sense at all to me." FE - "F*ck off you f*cking moron troll." Me - "Come on, don't be like that, Mum."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 January, 2019, 11:32:05 PM
Me - "Come on, don't be like that, Mum."

Maybe your mum had the same secondary school geography teacher as me.  No word of a lie, in among some stuff that's science-based (in other words, the curriculum) he also taught us:

1. That the earth is flat.
2. That the ages people live to in the early bible are accurate because of a magical layer in the atmosphere that existed in biblical times.

After that, he neatly got back on track with cumulonimbus and such.  There's nowt as queer as folk.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo on 04 January, 2019, 01:37:37 AM:

1. That the earth is flat.
2. That the ages people live to in the early bible are accurate because of a magical layer in the atmosphere that existed in biblical times.

After that, he neatly got back on track with cumulonimbus and such.  There's nowt as queer as folk.

Sweet jebus. My geography teacher was a pig-ignorant bully of a woman who did nothing but read the book aloud with numerous mispronunciations, but it would seem that things could have been worse.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"