Main Menu

dredd

Started by bennc-kon, 15 July, 2005, 11:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennc-kon

am i the only one who wants to see another judge dredd film?

Pyroxian

nope, we just want to see a _good_ Judge Dredd film, that doesn't play around with the source material too much

Steve

Noisybast

I'll be very surprised if this ever sees the light of day.
I'll be even more surprised if it's any good...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dark Jimbo

I would want to see it if it's a) good, as opposed to arse, and b) it involves Judge Death, who I reckon would instantly become one of the greatest film villians of all time...
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Kon

I should play Judge Dredd

Max Kon

and what the drokk's your last name?

Max Kon

anyone would think we were related, and i have no idea who you are.

Funt Solo

Ah, but which Dredd story would translate well in the movie medium:  and why?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Well, it's gotta be a story that's relatively straightforward, showcases the judges and big meg nicely, and doens't rely on too much backstory and continuity, but still has plenty of action and scope for big visuals and action setpieces -

May I suggest the apocalypse war, which is a pretty epic piece but still relatively simple and near enough the start of dredd continuity so as to be approachable to newcomers?
@jamesfeistdraws

Max Kon

a fan has to direct it

Noisybast

A fan directed the last one.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Max Kon

well, a fan who uses the message board then?

The Amstor Computer

critter

I do, I do. I mean they gave F4 another chance, why not Judge Dredd.

critter

Bico

Hugh Jackman for Dredd!

As long as any new version is half as good as the Robocop tv series - it'll be pure fried gold!  They're remaking everything now, though.  Hollywood has gone so far up its own arsehole that the studios have become incapable of scouting new material and talent - if it hasn't been a film, comic-book or tv show already, and if you haven't directed music videos for some nu-metal twats, they don't want to hear about it.  It's just a matter of time before someone notices they could do a Batman Begins-type dour-faced rehash of the Stallone travisty and bag some cred from the backlash against the right-wing politics and impressive legion of fans.
There's a horrible thought - Wachowski Brothers do Dredd.  DIScuss...