Main Menu

Second City Blues

Started by ukdane, 15 February, 2005, 06:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

Does anyone know what the last scene in Prog 1426 was implying?
Cheers

-Daney

ARRISARRIS

...its 'Back To Reality Time' isnt it?...

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Banners

Absolutely fascinating. It could go two ways...

1) The strip brilliantly subverts everything it set up and deconstructs the familiar comic form with a brilliant self-referential post-modern twist.

2) It turns out it was all a dream - which is a bit crap, and means that the preceeding episodes have all been a waste of time.

M@

Bolt-01

Could be the teams new 'smart' suits that are part of a plot by the squiddies to win the cup!

Bolt-01

WoD

Could be their next opponents 'watching' and working on strategy.

Could be a voyeuristic group of freaky alien types who like seeing a lady hugging a horse-boy.

Bolt-01

Either way I'm sold. Really enjoying this now. Glad it is a longer series too. May it continue being entertaining for many episodes to come.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

Yeah I'm liking it!

Was suprised to note that this was part 8 - it doesn't seem to have been going that long!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

shite, i think that was a spoiler there...never mind, i'm getting into this, thankfully it hasnt gone into some deadly dull future death sport cliche, theres plenty going on. enjoying.

mind you i just bought the vid of 'deathrace 2000' so am looking forward to a future death sport cheese fest.

Carlsborg Expert.

I still havent watched deathrace 2000
Even though I fist wanted to see it at 11.

the3rdman

SPOILERS !!!

bit late for that tho !!

anyways.......

I originally thought it was the SCB team lay there, bit like an early red dwarf theme, and the whole matrix like bit.

Then i saw there where 7 headless bodies and the blues are a team of 5. So now I haven't a clue !

Can i just add that i'm loving this storyline, like the characters and think the art is spot on. Been a lot of people moaning about it on the online reviews, any of these folk changed their minds yet ?

The Amstor Computer

the3rdman

lmfao

fair and to the point

Tiplodocus

I'm still thinking it's mostly mince but it might be quite fun to see the story completely change direction like Psycho, The Birds or From Dusk till Dawn.

I'm trying to think if there are any similarly barking changes of storyline in 2000AD history?

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Amstor Computer

Dirty Frank aims to please

;-)