Main Menu

2000AD No 2 set to hit ?500

Started by Tarantino, 17 June, 2002, 05:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

I know I've brought this up before but I've just been out bid on on ebay for 2000AD No 2, once again! (I have a mint copy with the free gift already, but want one as an investment) A non-mint copy, with free gift sold yesterday for ?310 on ebay. It won't be long before this hits ?500, once the two new movies come out. I just thought that I would mention this to see if anyone from the Prog 534 club would like to change sides. There is only one club and that's the prog No 2 club (with free gift) Incidently, the record paid on ebay for Prog No 2 is ?365.00.

Oddboy

Us 534'ers have nothing against prog 2... I myself am always on the lookout for a number two (stop sniggering at the back!) for a reasonable price (it's a comic! a really old crappy paper'd one at that!  anyone selling it for 8p?).

Perhaps the Prog 534 Club members could join up with the Prog 2 Club members for an evening out - perhaps 10-pin bowling?
Better set your phaser to stun.

paulvonscott

For ?500 someone could go out and buy 20 monthly titles a year, 20!  Just think of what you could read?  Surely that has to be worth more to someone than some paper with a frisbee stored in a bag in a box?

Investment?  It's long been a parasitical growth on comics.  Some would say it was a major reason behind the last major recession in comics.

I'm sure when the world has ended and some new species takes over, the only sign of our culture that will remain will be a platinuum covered X-man comic, one of seven, covered in plastic.  How they'll pity us.

Tu-plang

"Investment? It's long been a parasitical growth on comics. Some would say it was a major reason behind the last major recession in comics."

Yes, I reckon it was too.  It was stuff like Death of Superman and the Crisis on Infinite Earths that caused people to go out and order boxes and boxes of 'investment copies', and it all went downhill from there.  But we're past that now.  Most of the nineties were screwed by high-priced comics.