Main Menu

Thought you might be interested !!

Started by kannets, 05 September, 2003, 05:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kannets

Devons Daddy

very beautiful
but i think you may be dissapointed with the 500 price tag. but they are very well displayed.

good luck all the same.
i may be wrong.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Wake

Much as I'd like to own a cover from such an early prog, ?500 is a lot of money, equivalent to 9 pages of Brett Ewins Rogue Trooper; or 12 pages of Ian Gibson Judge Dredd or Simon Fraser Nikolai Dante; or about 4 Ian Gibson covers.

Wake

Link: Original Artwork

opaque

So your reserve prices are the same as the Buy-It-Now prices?
Well at least you are putting that in the auction, but durely unless someone is actually willing  to pay that much what is the point of starting it off at ?10. Either someones willing to pay say ?200 for it or they are not. Having a low starting price to advertise it is pointless, as are the few odd bids you'll get for ?10-20. Having a low point if the reserve is one price and the buy-it-now is much higher makes sense but thats not what you've done.

Nice to see what you have out there though, like Wake I would love a early cover but you can get so much more for the same money. There is also the point that a lot of the early covers, the covers look great but it doesn't look so impressive in the original artwork form. So I'd rather have the several other pieces of individual work which often looks far better than it did in the prog.

I think some people do this on purpose, put loads of stuff up just after I've spent all my wages on 2000ad stuff! ;)

opaque

Mind you someones seems to have bought a Ron Smith cover from Ian Senior for ?650 so you may ne underpricing things? (no way of course)

You have signs from the Dredd film? Lovely. ?150? Stop taunting me with your ?10 starting bids when it will only go for ?150!!

judge dreddd

i would rather spend ?500 on graphic novels and big finish cd's... i would buy original art if i liked it a lot and it was dead cheap but otherwise i would just go the prog review page, find the large front cover and print the thing out....

in a world of digital reproduction....

opaque

Well last month I spent ?400 on graphics novels and other assorted 2000ad stuff (mugs, set of phonecards amoungst other things)much rather all that than 1 piece of cover art. But artwork in general is a lovely thing to have, and I have a nice amount but want so much more :)

Digital reproduction yes, but only if you have a good printer. Must give it a go here at work sometime ;)

Matt

You spent ?400 on comics in a month?!?!??!? Jesus, you either live with your parents or have a really well paid job. You could also just be really stupid and have whacked it all on yer flexible friend I suppose.

...but ?400 though. Couldn't lend me a tenner could you?

opaque

You were most right on your third guess but right on the first as well and no way I'll ever be able to afford my own place :( not in Cambridge. And it was only last month I spent that much. You know, trying to spend your way out of depression with the side benefit of increasing your 2000ad collection.
2000ad and the Meg are the only comics I buy.

I now have no money until the end of the month, back onto using my credit card and starting the cycle of debt again.

Devons Daddy

opaque
you are not married are you.
its so easy to spot that fact. :~)

some great purchases you have made there.
enjoy. but to note. and worth checking.

graphic novels, and merchandise are a lot cheaper in other countries such as states or asia.you may find even with postage( by sea is cheapest) you could get some serious saving by checking out the web for some comic shops in other countries.

for reference. i paid only S$30 for the cursed earth hard back which is only 11.50 sterling.
sing $= 2.60 to 1 sterling. i think its about 20 sterling in the uk. worth checking out these alternative purchase locations.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

opaque

No I'm not (unfortunately)

I do get stuff from the US, Canada, Australia and NZ via Ebay but often find the postage costs prohibitive. If you've got any links for merchandise I'd love to know them, same goes for any Graphic novels anywhere, all I can find are more recent ones.

The list price for Cursed Earth is ?19.99 but Amazon has it for ?13.99 and spend over ?25 and get free delivery so it works out fairly good :)

Queen Firey-Bou

hmmm , no kids either then?

i would happily spend money on a wee bit of original art by my fave artists. but you know getting an actual sketch in person, is way more thrilling & worth the cash in transport to a con and a long wait in queue. fantastic! but ive had to alieviate my spending money getting to moniavie guilt on buying the kids trainers today. ahhh the debt cycle.

opaque

No, no kids :( Hideously single :( and living with parents :( (who seem to understand my addiction, don't even mind the 3ft of half Dredd standee in the front room) My bedroom is packed full of 2000ad stuff.

Going to a con is not something I could do, too shy and nercous lol, but I do like collecting original artwork.