Main Menu

Memories of Christmas & 2000AD

Started by Alien Goodness, 18 December, 2011, 10:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

every year the Annual,
i would see them upon the shelf, and think of Dredd, how he would not look inside. it worked for me!!I
the Dredd annual was not such an easy find the first year of that one, the Red cover was almost impossible to find in my home town. got it three years later at a book sale.

must say, for me our finest hour Christmas story wise, was the Turkeys that stole christmas,
the daddy real farm, self plucking turkeys,Dredd,the turkey that could write, I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

christmas,2000ad, something so right about it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

SuperSurfer

Fond memories of the Xmas prog 44 and 78 annual in Alien Goodness' post.

I took prog 44 into school and was reading Dredd during a break late afternoon while we were preparing for the Christmas panto. As a result that issue became very tatty. I was painting the sets and was a stage hand. 

The 2000AD 1978 annual was an Xmas present. My cousin received the Action annual. Phew – a close shave.

From then on, there was no way I was going to wait until Xmas for 2000AD and Dredd annuals. I was saving my coppers for weeks or months. I was once half a pence short to buy a Dan Dare annual (with O'Neill cover) as 2000AD had increased its price by 1p (I had a spare half pence in my pocket).

TordelBack

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 24 December, 2011, 03:15:32 PM
He always got tons of really cool presents - anything he asked for - and he'd laugh at the rest of us when we told him what we'd received. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I considered him to be such a good friend!

If you're anything like me, it was because he probably had the Judge Dredd Board Game!  The indignities I endured in order to play that game and read the Titan collections... and get a crack at Philospher's Quest and Elite on the BBC Micro in his Dad's office (same 'friend').  Of course, this makes me the shameless user in that relationship.