Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Got a response - apparently it was an automated anti-spam filter which was over-zealous.  It's back now, but at least it prompted me to get an .xml export of everything I've written on the blog (and also looking in to what other blog sites there are out there).

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 149: Inside... Sword and Sorcery! See Blackhawk – warrior in search of a soul!

There's a new character in this one - they come from a dark dimensssion where all life isss a crime...

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 150: "Nerve poison on his blade – one nick and I'm dead!" The Stainless Steel Rat Gets a Slice of the Action Inside!

Another prog, another new character.  This one has psychic abilities that makes them highly strung (that's why they're always so flippant).

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 152: Fiends of the Eastern Front! Not the horror of war – the war of horrors! Robo-Hunter returns! Sam Slade in Day of the Droids. Judge Dredd's Hall of Heroes

Sam Slade is back!  So is the Old One Eye bloodline...  Plus, King Carlos bring out the vampires (first time since Starlord - it won't be the last).  Mars gets killed!

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD and Tornado Prog 155: Join the V.C.s... Vape a space-invader today!

Hans would be in real trouble if the vampires weren't allies.  In other news - the vampire division from Rumania are allies of Germany.  Wouldn't Hans be in trouble if they were on the other side?  I wonder what will happen next prog.  Oh, by the way - those vampires?  Their country is allied with Germany, the country that Hans fights for.  They're not, for instance, allies with Russia, who are on the other side.

sheridan

Computer issued prevented me from posting yesterday (was stuck on my phone, which won't let me copy links).  In a not-much-better situation today, but at least I can use a proper computer keyboard and the internet, so here goes.

2000ad and Tornado Prog 156: Zarjaz 3rd Birthday Issue! Have you Seen this Boy? The Judge Child – A great new Judge Dredd epic starts inside – in Colour!
The second Slade story starts diverging from the first Slade story (there's been so many of the same story elements up to this point).  In a great surprise for everybody, Roma*  Sorry - Rumania has changed sides.  Plus there's a story regarding some kid called Owen Krysler?

2000 A.D. Space Quiz Book: Space Travel Astronomy Science Fiction
As advertised as a competition prize in the above prog!  Thanks to forumite Rackle for helping me with this one!

(Rackle, by John Higgins)

sheridan

2000ad and Tornado Prog 157: "Look out! It's Earth-side Eddie and the Anti-Matter Kids!" Martian Edition, not for sale on Earth

Dredd's Lawmaster has a better sense of humour than the judge does!  Blackhawk doesn't appear in Blackhawk (it's the Ursa and Zog show this week).

SpaceSpinner2000

Don't forget that for many years Tharg counted 2000AD's birthday based on Prog number instead of date! So 156 is the third birthday because it's 52 x 3!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 27 December, 2019, 05:11:33 PM
Don't forget that for many years Tharg counted 2000AD's birthday based on Prog number instead of date! So 156 is the third birthday because it's 52 x 3!

520 was the one where I noticed that little foible!

SpaceSpinner2000

For me it was the anniversary issue with the Return to Armageddon cover, it was in June or something!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan