Main Menu

QUALIFYING 1: 2 - KENNETH NEIMAND ALEC WORLEY - ULTIMATE NOT WAGNER TOURNAMENT

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 May, 2020, 06:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Worley all the way.
I mean, Niemand's Dredd is genuinely great, but Worley has done his share of great Dredds, too (the Runner, anyone?) Plus I think we're all forgetting quite how insightful his movie reviews were in the Megazine.

(But really I'm voting for his lunatic outdoing of John Smith for graphic horror with Realm of the Damned.)

Bolt-01

Ooh, realm of the damned - that's reminded me to buy the book of the first two volumes! Nice one!

TordelBack

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 07 May, 2020, 04:15:21 PM
Ooh, realm of the damned - that's reminded me to buy the book of the first two volumes! Nice one!

Bugger. Completely forgot Realm of the Damned was by Worley.  Add that to Dandridge, and sorry to be That Guy again Colin, I'm going to have to alter my earlier vote for Niemand to Alec Worley.

I'm absolutely loving Niemand's Dredd, it's the good stuff, but remembering Realm of the Damned gives Worley the edge as far as scope and variety is concerned.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 May, 2020, 06:20:40 PM
... That Guy again Colin, I'm going to have to alter my earlier vote for Niemand to Alec Worley.

What, huh, how, why, what now...

...can we do that...

... what... what now.... I need to decide...

...me...

Bugger.

Errrr This time it'll carry - well aside from my immense ability to get the detail wrong when I try to tally all this up, but lets be clear from now on there'll be a rule no take-backsies. A BIG RULE. In caps and everything....

TordelBack

Sorry, Colin! If you want to keep it simple AND consistent, feel free leave my original vote stand and ignore the later one. It's not like either was a bad choice! 

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Bolt-01

Heh, sorry Tords. The books have just been delivered - and they look great! Really looking forward to getting to read the first book in a single volume and then I have a whole volume I've not read! Huzzah!

Colin YNWA

Well we're rattling along here and I'm ringing the bell on this one. Last chance to vote as we'll close this one in the morning...

I, Cosh

Niemand for me. A short but fruitful body of work.

For what it's worth he (and everyone else) should have an almost complete entry on Barney now: http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=droid&page=thrills&Comic=2000AD&Field=Writer&choice=kennethn
We never really die.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 12 May, 2020, 02:06:45 AM
Nice work with Barney there, Cosh.

Yeah Cosh once again your work updating Barney is fantastic - thank you sir.

Well this one has been another interesting race - Worley opening strong and stretching to a easy and confident led, but then the mystery man Neimand* started to surge and it was quite a charge. Worley seemed to falter but dug deep and held on 13 to 10** so this face-off goes to 

Alec Worley

*Or just regular man who must be getting really annoyed by us reading too much into his name!

** Boy did we chat on this one (one of my favs for that) so the numbers might be slighly out but I'm pretty confident the result is right.

IndigoPrime

Given Worley's rather lovely post earlier in this thread, I'm not too fussed in this one that 'my' pick didn't make it.

Tomwe

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 May, 2020, 09:03:00 AM
Speculation has it as Rennie - though it is just that (as far as I'm aware) utter speculation.

Looking for somewhere to post this, this will do as good as any:

Was listening to the Arthur Wyatt Thrillcast and Molcher just described Chimpsky as a creation of PJ and Gordon. Looks like Colin may be right!?

Bolt-01

Unless it is a different person who just happens to be named Gordon and has a reason to want to hide his Identity?

Gordon Ramsay?
Gordon Burns?
Kim Gordon?