Main Menu

Dredd the Law on tour

Started by Wake, 25 April, 2002, 07:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

The artwork from the Galleries of Justice exhibition (plus a few props and memorabilia) are going on tour. Look out for them at the following locations:

Durham Art Gallery, Aykley Heads (20 July to 7 Sept 02).

Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Brampton Park Gallery (26 April - 14 June 03)

Forfar, The Meffan Gallery (5 July - 30 Aug 03)

Mercer Art Gallery, Harrogate (20 Sept - 8 Nov 03).

Trout

Forfar?
You're joking! That's actually near where I live! I had believed - over the last 24 years - I was the only 2K reader within a considerable radius.
By the way, hello all.
I've been watching the message board here in a creepy, voyeuristic way for some time but hadn't yet posted a message.
Although I was desperate to post one when I saw the name Dirty Sanchez turn up. Is anyone else sick and twisted enough to know what it means?
Clue: look it up in Roger's Profanisaurus.
Cheers, Mike D

Oddboy

My flat mate told me all about it once.
I try not to think about it too much.
Better set your phaser to stun.

red_lichtie

"Forfar? You're joking! That's actually near where I live!"

Near where I live as well!

"I was desperate to post one when I saw the name Dirty Sanchez turn up. Is anyone else sick and twisted enough to know what it means?"

Dirty Sanchez. Last saw a character of that name involved with a certain Miss Spears who was being "humilated and degraded." I'll say no more.

RL

Trout

I'm a bit slow, and not a football fan, but have just worked out that you must be a local lad with help from a better informed colleague.
Translation for non-Scots: Red Lichtie is a nickname for a supporter/player of that fabulous team that is Arbroath FC, a plucky lot despite going down two-nil to Airdrie at the weekend.
By the way RL, I'm not as local as you. I'm from Perth.
Is this the definition of off-message?
- Meet you under the clock at midnight -
MD

red_lichtie

"Translation for non-Scots: Red Lichtie is a nickname for a supporter/player of that fabulous team that is Arbroath FC, a plucky lot  despite going down two-nil to Airdrie at the weekend."

Actually, it can be applied to any inhabitant of Arbroath who was either born there or grew up there. I could make a sarcastic remark about St Johnstone but that would be cruel.

RL

2000AD Online

Forfar?  Mercer Art Galler?

and Tokyo when?  Come on Wake, get international!
  Incidentally I have a "world of pain" poster from an exhibition by a Britcit artist called James Jarvis.  It was very popular in Tokyo.  One of his inspirations is Judge Dredd.  He has a policeman character who looks like a more cuddly Dredd and the exhibition featured some early Dredd stories to show the inspiration.

Tu-plang

There's a comic exhibition in Melbourne in a few weeks... coincidentally I'll be holidaying there at the same time!  But not 2k.  Just my bllloody luck.  It's only a matter of time til 2k art tours down to Launceston, Tasmania.  Or not.

W. R. Logan

>The artwork from the Galleries of Justice exhibition (plus a few props and memorabilia) are going on tour. Look out for them at the following locations:

>Durham Art Gallery, Aykley Heads (20 July to 7 Sept 02).
>Newcastle-Under-Lyme, Brampton Park Gallery (26 April - 14 June 03)
>Forfar, The Meffan Gallery (5 July - 30 Aug 03)
>Mercer Art Gallery, Harrogate (20 Sept - 8 Nov 03).

If anyone goes to the exhibition take a look at the Dredd Pinball machine and let me know if its still in one piece, or whether its been trashed by kids 8-)

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.pinballzone.com/jd/images/jdbackglass640.jpg">

paulvonscott

Hi Logan

I'll be going to the Durham one, so I'll look out for it and report back.  Is that your one then?  If it's in an art gallery it should be quite safe, they have eyes like a hawk.

Two of the dates seem to clash, is there two different exhibitions floating about?

W. R. Logan

>I'll be going to the Durham one, so I'll look out for it and report back.  Is that your one then?  If it's in an art gallery it should be quite safe, they have eyes like a hawk.

I'd be interested to see if they have the pinball machine set up to take money. Plus to see if its been looked after.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://www.elton-fan.com/gallery/pinballpics/EJ-pinball03.jpg">

paulvonscott

What the hell is that picture from?!  is it some Stage verison of Tommy :)

You mean we'll actually be able to play this pinball machine?  I would have thought it was lookee lookee don't ye touchee.

If it is to be played, then you should get the takings :)

I only got to play it once or twice, in a pub in Brum.  Used to love me old pinball I did.

Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end, la la la laaaa, forever and a day...

W. R. Logan

>What the hell is that picture from?!  is it some Stage verison of Tommy :)

It was a picture of Elton John doing 'Pinball Wizard'

>You mean we'll actually be able to play this pinball machine?  I would have thought it was lookee lookee don't ye touchee.

I did show them how to set it up for either free play or to charge. I said that I didn't mind if they set it up for either as long as the machine was looked after. They did insure it for quite a bit of money so I'm covered either way, just wondered how it had been set up as I only saw it at Dredd:Con after I delivered it.

>If it is to be played, then you should get the takings :)

I said if they made money then it could split between them and a charity.

>I only got to play it once or twice, in a pub in Brum.  Used to love me old pinball I did.

Its amazing how many people took the piss when they saw it set up in my front room, but then it would take you hours to get them off it.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

Buddy

Any chance of gettin' an exhibition organised in Northern Ireland? . We're starved of such things over here and something like that would go ballistic

If so I'll gladly help out (organising a venue etc...) in association with my medsite ximoc.co.uk

Buddy

sorry that's WEBsite ximoc.co.uk - SPELLCHECK!!!!!