Quote from: "kingsyn"i thorght i might as well ask

another tip - get someone to proof-read the spelling before submitting  :D

kingsyn

Quote from: "dandontdare"
Quote from: "kingsyn"i thorght i might as well ask

another tip - get someone to proof-read the spelling before submitting  :D
:lol:

annihilate

thanks Wake! I really appreciate that, although now I have no more excuses...

kingsyn

Does anyone have any script samples. I'm kinda curious to see what the layout is like.

Wake

Quote from: "kingsyn"Does anyone have any script samples. I'm kinda curious to see what the layout is like.

BARNEY has a few.

marcc

Hi,

I have a couple of questions...

1) Is it acceptable to email submissions, and

2) I can't remember seeing any Future Shocks in more recent progs (correct me if I'm wrong), so is there some other heading or type of story that would be considered acceptable as submissions?

Thanks,

Marc

paulvonscott

Marc, you REALLY need to read those submission details or you have no chance whatsoever.  From my limited editorial experience, half the people haven't read the comic, and the other half haven't read the submission guidelines.

"Emailed unsolicited scripts will not be accepted."

There are also Time Twisters (rare) or Terror Tales (Infrequant).  May be best to stick to a standard Future Shock to begin with.

Good luck!

Wake

Quote from: "marcc"1) Is it acceptable to email submissions, and

2) I can't remember seeing any Future Shocks in more recent progs (correct me if I'm wrong), so is there some other heading or type of story that would be considered acceptable as submissions?

I'm afraid email submissions are not acceptable.

Terror Tales should be fine as well as Future Shocks.

The most recent Future Shock was Rogue Elements in prog 1597.
The most recent Terror Tale was Futurity in prog 1599.

marcc

OK, thanks, both. Looks like I was a bit hasty.

kingsyn

How long does it take to recieve a reply, if they like what you sent?

Cthulouis

Is it necessary or advisable to send a copy of the script you have worked from with art submissions?

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: "kingsyn"How long does it take to recieve a reply, if they like what you sent?

It's all a bit random at the moment, at least for me. The quickest I've ever received a reply is four days (yes, you read that right, four days) but I'm still awaiting a response from a script I submitted two months ago. Reading the Damage Report in 2000 AD, though, leads me to believe that Tharg's droids have all been away on holiday and are currently snowed under with stuff that needs doing, with my envelope no doubt either at the bottom of the pile or being used to keep somebody's desk level...

Although there's no way I'm going to complain about this (I've waited over thirty years as it is, so another few months is neither over here nor over there), it is quite frustrating. I have other scripts ready to send off as soon as my latest is rejected. The temptation is to send my new scripts off anyway, but... must... resist... urge...

Is anybody else playing this waiting game too?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Mark - or Mr Shark whichever you prefer...

Out of interest on the one you have had returned did you get any sort of feedback? Was it simply returned saying NO or did you get even a brief critique? I'd fully understand if they weren't able to given comment given the volume they must get through.

The reason I ask is I've got some ideas to work on. At the present I'm working on other things simply because there are other places I plan to 'publish' material that I believe will got more feedback, while I practice and learn the craft before my 'assault on 2000ad. If however the 2000ad team are able to provide some constructive critique it might be worth firing off a few idea's earlier than I had planned?

The Legendary Shark

Yes, in my experience there is always a sentence or two of constructive criticism. Sometimes even more.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]