Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Don't listen to him Shark!  We all know it's only stubborn iconoclasm and utopian schmaltz that holds you together!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Take it very easy Shark. You've had quite a shock and so have the rest of us!
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, everyone, your kind wishes are much appreciated :)  To update, I'm stuck in Southport hospital until a cardiac bed comes free in Liverpool for a minor heart op; could be today, could be as late as Thursday. So there's no rush, no great emergency and no need for anyone to worry too much.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Glad to hear you're doing well Sharky. I'm sure they'll get you sorted.

Bolt-01

Sweet baby Jovus! Sharky- you take care mate, and keep us informed- is there anyone we can contact 'off board' for news?

Something Fishy

Link Prime

Best wishes Sharky, hope you brought some decent reading material for the wait.

The Legendary Shark

Got my laptop. Currently listening to the audiobook of "The Martian," by Andy Weir. Some depressing fellow patients in here, from the desperately chipper to the deluded would-be escapee to the comatose fly-catcher.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Hey Sharkie, take care and stop digging fecking ditches !!!

Stay strong.
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Been moved to Broad Green Super Serious Heart Hospital in Liverpool. Got here just in time for tea. Result!

Scans, tests, probes and whatnot tomorrow.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Are you having an angiogram? I had one a couple of weeks ago when I was admitted with chest pains (that turned out NOT to be a heart attack thankfully) - it's not painful, biut it's a very weird sensation as they feed a thin camera wire from your wrist up through the arteries in your your arm (or via your groin if they fancy) and into your heart.

Get well soon Sharky!

The Legendary Shark

I had five stents fitted a few years ago in a similar procedure. The theory is that one or more of them has closed up, so they're going to investigate tomorrow. Angiogram is definitely on the cards.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

maryanddavid

Keep the spirits up Sharky, coming from a family full of stents (not me, yet!) they really are a little piece of magic.

Dandontdare

FIVE? Bloody hell - they were talking about sticking one in me, but decided it wasn't needed. Just ask for one of those plasteen hearts we keep hearing about.

The Legendary Shark

Yep. Five. In one sitting.

How's that for punk at heart?

;)

Thanks MaryandDavid - I'm a fan too!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]