Main Menu

D'israeli - More Good Stuff

Started by Jim_Campbell, 28 August, 2009, 02:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Always a good day when Matt updates his blog, today with musings about all things digital for creating comic artwork.

http://disraeli-demon.blogspot.com/

Bookmark that link. Do it now!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kev Levell

Ah, you beat me to it - top tips again from D'Israeli. Do as the man says, bookmark!

Mike Gloady

This is easily one of the best artist blogs (and I know there are a lot of very good ones).  Thanks for the reminder, Jim.  For some reason I often find myself visiting but had never bookmarked it. 

An issue I've now resolved.  Ta.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Emperor

Someone is going to have to get that droid in a headlock (great name for a band!!) and make him write a book. He is not just a great artist but is especially skilled in getting his thoughts over too.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Gloady

Good point.  Imagine seeing this:
TONITE ONLY:
Droid in a Headlock
with special guests
The Yetti Inspection
&
Dr Rohypnol
at your local nightspot (as I believe da yoof are calling them these days).  You'd want to know more.  I know I would.

Yeah, he writes well AND can sling ink about.  Impressive.  Depressingly so.

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 28 August, 2009, 03:26:44 PM
Someone is going to have to get that droid in a headlock (great name for a band!!) and make him write a book. He is not just a great artist but is especially skilled in getting his thoughts over too.

Although, like the idea that he should be prodded into doing something on the architecture of Mega-City, this would mean it steals valuable time he could be artisticing so perhaps A Bad Idea. As I mentioned with the previous idea tough - Tharg has a lot of feature writing droids who could be tasked to winkling out nuggets of brilliance and doing the dull words-to-paper bit. In fact why not have a Megazine featuring D'Israeli's wisdom (D'Israeli's D'ispatches?), which could then be fancied up and collected into a glossy book.

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 August, 2009, 03:34:20 PM
Good point.  Imagine seeing this:
TONITE ONLY:
Droid in a Headlock
with special guests
The Yetti Inspection
&
Dr Rohypnol
at your local nightspot (as I believe da yoof are calling them these days).  You'd want to know more.  I know I would.

I think you'll find the support act is Yeti Enema with a selection of songs from their first album "Say That Fast (Ten Times)"
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Mike Gloady

Good idea.

Been reading a lot about architecture recently.  Got into it through my already confessed archaeology obsession and think the Big Meg is easily the most cohesively realised city in comics by a country mile, despite being depicted by countless artists (actually Barney might have counted them, but you get teh point).

D'Israeli is a damned good starting point, but how about a few of Mega-City 1's other chief architects (most noteably Carlos Ezquerra) being given a crack at joining the party? 

I'm not suggesting EVERYONE gets to have their say, but a selected bunch who've had the most to say and made the most interesting depictions?  Just a thought.  Marketed right, it could even appeal to the architecture buffs out there (there ARE quite a few of us, honest).

Emperor

Wellll The Molch* has just spoken to Ron Smith and he'd be one of the folks you'd want to talk to on thi subject.....

*I'm working on it as a nickname, not sure how it is shaping up yet

Mike Gloady

I'm in total agreement.

And I think "The Molch" is good.  Of course, a quick addition of a well-placed vowel and Molch becomes MOLOCH!!!!!!!!

*runs and hides*