Previous topic - Next topic

Kev Levell

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

radiator

Is this actually happening, or are you just daydreaming?

In any case, Portman is too conventionally pretty - Halo is supposed to be an ordinary girl. Someone a bit more 'girl next door' would be better.

House of Usher

It's already been done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnRKYULAabE

(I didn't say it was any good though, did I?)  :D
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Kev Levell

Quote from: radiator on 15 November, 2010, 10:39:38 AM
Is this actually happening, or are you just daydreaming?

Daydreaming. Hmmm, Natalie Portman.  :P

Quote from: radiator on 15 November, 2010, 10:39:38 AM
In any case, Portman is too conventionally pretty - Halo is supposed to be an ordinary girl. Someone a bit more 'girl next door' would be better.

Sorry, got to disagree there, I think Halo should be pretty, who said ordinary can't be pretty? That's just labelling isn't it? If Halo wasn't supposed to be pretty, then Ian Gibson did an awful job of illustrating her... and I don't think anyone would argue that Ian did some of his best work on Halo.

I also think it's to do with character not just looks and I think Natalie Portman has the ability to convey both Halo's vulnerability and her strength... part of what is essential to carry off a convincing portrayal IMO.

Roger Godpleton

JamesC

It'd work better as a TV series.
As Halo I'd cast that girl who played Ronnie's long lost daughter (Natlalie?) in Eastenders - the one who got run over by Janine.

Large48

Or use the one from the stage version that they did............
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Roger Godpleton

zombemybabynow

QuoteNatalie Portman

you've got to be joking?

the worst actress in the world?

her woodeness in V completely killed the film for me and i loved the comic sooo much

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

JOE SOAP

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 15 November, 2010, 06:40:39 PM
QuoteNatalie Portman

you've got to be joking?

her woodeness in V completely killed the film for me and i loved the comic sooo much

I think the script killed the film before she had a chance.

Mardroid

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 15 November, 2010, 06:40:39 PM
QuoteNatalie Portman

you've got to be joking?

I haven't seen enough of her acting to judge (I wouldn't count the Star Wars prequels as their are other actors who are just as bad. Actors who are good elsewhere). I've only seen the end of the film of V for Vendetta.

I remember her being excellent as a child actor in Leon though. And I'm not keen on child actors as a role. (All the kids in Stand by Me were good though. Although one of them went on to play the annoying Wesley Crusher. That was more a character issue than the chap's actual acting though.)

I wouldn't cast Portman in the role of Halo though. I understand that it's not all about appearance (and I agree that Halo is very pretty) but I think actors should resemble their characters if only a little. Portman doesn't look much like her at all! I can't think of an alternative off-hand though.

Adrian Bamforth