Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: House of Usher on 21 February, 2011, 01:52:13 PM
I really do not like Silent Running. I thought it was superb when I was a kid, but after three or four viewings it lost most of its charm for me and is just a big downer. It's a bunch of hippy crap, and the plot makes little sense.

I suppose you hate Joan Baez as well?

Mardroid

Ghost Rider. Well, the last part of it, but I have seen it all the way through before.

Daft. Almost wince-worthingly* corny in places. So why did I enjoy it?

I also found it amusing how the attractive love interest had the first 2-3 buttons of her blouse undone exposing her lovely cleavage. Seeing young ladies in low cut tops in films is quite normal, but this wasn't a low cut top!  Not that I'm complaining.

Yes the film was ridiculous but I found it a lot of fun. [spoiler]I wish they'd made more use of the cowboy dude at the end though. 'One last ride' turned out to be just that. Cool sequence though it was.[/spoiler]

*yep, I invented a new word!

Emp

44 inch chest.

Another recent purchase that i'll never get see the money or get the time back for.

Its not that its really bad, i actually managed to get the whole way through it, but it just wasn't memorable and will now sit in the area "films we will never speak of again".

Looking at the dvds i have watched and not been overly impressed by i have noticed a common theme. All of them proudly boast on the cover that they have been awarded 4 stars and acollades such as "awesome","great" etc by NUTS and/or LOADED. Think i will now use this as an indicator that the movie contain is going to be,lets say,less than brilliant.

Roger Godpleton

Here's to you, House of Usher and Joe Soap
Rest forever here in our hearts
The last and final moment is yours
That agony is your triumph

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Darren Stephens

I recently watched (or should I say sat through...)a film called 'the Humanoid'. A terrible Star Wars rip off that you just have to see to believe. It was on the SyFy channel, I think. It's also on Youtube. Witness the shitness...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qRFFU4kp7o  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Robin Low

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 21 February, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
I recently watched (or should I say sat through...)a film called 'the Humanoid'. A terrible Star Wars rip off that you just have to see to believe. It was on the SyFy channel, I think. It's also on Youtube. Witness the shitness...

Was it really on SyFy? It was on the Horror channel the other day, too.

Regards

Robin

mygrimmbrother

Burning, the Mogwai live film. Stunning. In fact, I immediately whipped out the plastic and bought a couple of tickets to see them in Manchester this saturday.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Robin Low on 21 February, 2011, 09:27:07 PM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 21 February, 2011, 08:40:17 PM

Was it really on SyFy? It was on the Horror channel the other day, too.

Regards

Robin
Heh, yeh, might have been the horror channel. Certainly makes sense...it was horrible!  :lol:
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

TordelBack

When I was 8 I had a school friend who was obsessed with The Humanoid.  Nothing was as good as The Humanoid, not Star Wars, not Raiders, not Close Encounters - The Humanoid was where it was at.  Indeed, there was a distinct suspicion that many of these films might be rip-offs of The Humanoid, chronological evidence be damned.  One of my abiding memories of watching The Black Hole is having him turn to me in the cinema and say "these robots are just copied from The Humanoid".  I of course had never seen The Humanoid, but after a while I was fairly sure that (a). it was a deeply cerebral high-quality adult entertainment and (b). I hated it. 

I blame Galixana.

Keef Monkey

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 21 February, 2011, 11:37:55 PM
Burning, the Mogwai live film. Stunning. In fact, I immediately whipped out the plastic and bought a couple of tickets to see them in Manchester this saturday.

It really is a brilliant film, captures them perfectly. I'm particularly pleased that it's got 'Batcat' on it, I've always thought that song sounds pretty tame on record compared to how apocalyptically incredi-huge it is live. Enjoy the gig!

mygrimmbrother

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

JOE SOAP

I'm performing Inception on you right now.

Professor Bear

Fool's Gold, which is a tropical treasure-hunting movie that doesn't have much action, isn't terribly funny, and I don't know about anyone else but for me the leads didn't seem to have much chemistry - in fact the only chemistry seemed to be between two actors playing a father and daughter and the guy playing the father is Donald Sutherland not looking a day over a thousand - but y'know, it was alright - it didn't offend me and came across at worst as aimless and a bit clumsy.
Seems to have been panned something rotten, but I've definately seen worse.

Radbacker

LifeForce, man what were my parents thinking letting me watch that on video when i was 8, nightmare city.  Watching it now the young space vampire lass is rather tasty and some decent effects for its time with a suitably apocalyptic story.  Oh and you cant go wrong with PATRICK STEWART in your movie.

Cu Radbacker