Main Menu

Life is sometimes Fortean because...

Started by Richmond Clements, 09 June, 2011, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

(This doesn't fit in any of the other Life... threads, so I thought I'd start a new one)

So, on my drive to work this morning I saw a cat.
I have been thinking about it this morning, and I think I may have seen an ABC.

It was 8AM is, on a road in the middle of nowhere, and it was just stepping off the road and into the bushes at the side as I saw it. It had gone by the time I got to the spot.
Anyway- 2 or 2 1/2ft long, maybe 1ft at the shoulder. Sandy coloured with a long tail and a white tip to the tail.

Of course it could be- probably is- a large domestic animal, but still, it's Fortean, innit..?

Something Fishy

My wife swears she saw one of these one morning down here back in the 80's.

Dandontdare

You saw a cat that can survive Atomic Bacterial and Chemical warfare? Cool! Spread the word.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 09 June, 2011, 02:06:28 PM
You saw a cat that can survive Atomic Bacterial and Chemical warfare? Cool! Spread the word.

Cats can survive anything.

An ABC is an Alien Big Cat.

COMMANDO FORCES

mygrimmbrother

2 people where I work have allegedly seen a huge black cat recently, on separate occasions. They both live in the Chorley area of Lancashire, and a quick search turns up a few previous sightings last year, dubbed 'the Beast of Buckshaw' by the local papers.

Neither of these people are into this sort of thing, and haven't made a fuss of it at all - ie, I can't imagine why on earth they would make such a thing up. I bloody love this stuff.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Dark Jimbo

I saw one of these with a mate when we were kids back in the early 90s. We were walking through a field of waist-high yellow grass when a big black panther-like animal suddenly stood up into view a hundred yards ahead. Bit of a shock, and we were in the country so there was nobody else around for a few miles. Needless to say we immediately turned and started walking briskly back in the direction we'd just come. We glanced back just once, to see it loping pretty swiftly after us. After that we put our heads down and ran until we were out of the field and back on the road. To this day I've never run so fast in my life.
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

I, Cosh

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 June, 2011, 01:41:03 PM
Anyway- 2 or 2 1/2ft long, maybe 1ft at the shoulder. Sandy coloured with a long tail and a white tip to the tail.
A bit like a fox then?
We never really die.

strontium71

A Mysterious , Inconclusive , Large  Feline then...
...because I hate you.

mogzilla

Quote from: mygrimmbrother on 09 June, 2011, 02:18:38 PM
2 people where I work have allegedly seen a huge black cat recently, on separate occasions. They both live in the Chorley area of Lancashire, and a quick search turns up a few previous sightings last year, dubbed 'the Beast of Buckshaw' by the local papers.

Neither of these people are into this sort of thing, and haven't made a fuss of it at all - ie, I can't imagine why on earth they would make such a thing up. I bloody love this stuff.

its probably a mutant cat born of the toxic waste dumped on the site of buchshaw village....allegedly ;)

mygrimmbrother

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Cosh on 09 June, 2011, 04:26:37 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 June, 2011, 01:41:03 PM
A bit like a fox then?

No- I have seen many foxes (and we don't get many up here anyway) and know the difference and it was not one- it was a cat.
To make it clear- I am not saying it was a puma or anything- merely that it was strange.

SmallBlueThing

As a kid, i was walking over fairlight country park here in hastings with my parents. As we walked down a path through the glen in the firehills, my dad suddenly told us to stand very still and be quiet. He then pointed out that all birdsong had stopped, and everything had gone silent. Then, about thirty feet ahead of us, a very big, puma-like cat emerged from the hedgerow to the right and calmly walked across the path, disappearing into the trees to the left. Ive never forgotten that.

Other odd things spotted over the firehills include a suicide victim hanging from a tree, found by a mate who then committed suicide himself two decades later in a similar way, and a naked wanking man behind a bush when i was playing war with my mates.
SBT