Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Upcoming Gigs  (Read 30722 times)

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Gigs
« Reply #345 on: 30 March, 2018, 07:04:22 pm »
Just got my ticket for Courtney Barnett at Manchester Academy in June.

Jacqusie

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 01 May, 2018, 12:21:46 am »
Just got my ticket for Courtney Barnett at Manchester Academy in June.

I veer from really liking the Barnett to finding some of her stuff rather pedestrian. Still, she's doing good and I hope you have a brill gig.

I saw aging folk stalwart Micheal Chapman perform a great set on Friday in Sheff and it's the return of Gomez tonight in that there Manchester Royal Albert Halls, playing the whole of Bring in on... yes indeedy!  :)

Dandontdare

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 01 May, 2018, 11:02:20 am »
I know what you mean, but I'm hoping that on stage she'll focus more on the upbeat material. She has a wonderful turn of phrase (and accent - I love the way she pronounces the letter 'o' at the end of words!)

Never actually seen a gig at the Albert halls, but it looks like a great venue now that it's been rescued from being a shitty club and refurbished - a mate saw Faithless there a while back and said it was a cool place.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 07 May, 2018, 06:09:34 pm »
In an hour our so setting off to see Goat Girl at the Sheffield Picture House, rearranged after the gig was cancelled in April. Anyway whats especially exciting about this is I know next to nothing about them. Its been an age since I just went to gig but my mate Jeff bought ticket after I passed on some vinyl and I'm so stoked to be just popping to a gig for going to a gigs sake... and having just listened to a couple of tracks sounds like it might be a good night to...

... mind work tomorrow daggnabbit so better behave!