Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOO-HAA

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 09 March, 2012, 11:05:29 AM
Quote from: HOO-HAA on 09 March, 2012, 09:42:40 AM
I've been listening to a lot of doom metal lately. Bands like BLOOD CEREMONY, ELECTRIC WIZARD

I saw one support the other year t'was doomtastic -

Yeah, 2009 tour? That's where I first heard Blood Ceremony. Excellent, excellent stuff!

Quote from: fonky on 09 March, 2012, 11:34:38 AM
Black Sabbath are very mainstream but there's a lot to be said for their albums.
This one's an absolute classic as well....

I'm loving the first two. Absolute gems. Was walking the dog and found myself literally jumping at Ozzy's voice at once point! Just seemed to sweep in, suddenly, from the very bowels of hell!

CrazyFoxMachine

I used to sing with a band that only new songs from Blizzard of Ozz. Honestly, his voice is impossible to replicate!

Greg M.

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 09 March, 2012, 02:42:48 PM
Honestly, his voice is impossible to replicate!

Steve Hennessey of Sheavy pretty much has it nailed... although not on purpose, apparently. It's just what he sounds like. Best experienced on 'The Electric Sleep'.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Gonk

"Through and Through" by Spiers and Boden.

http://www.spiersandboden.com?index1.html

What you might call, music without too much over production but plenty of enthusiasm.
coming at a cinema near you soon

HOO-HAA

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 09 March, 2012, 02:42:48 PM
I used to sing with a band that only new songs from Blizzard of Ozz. Honestly, his voice is impossible to replicate!

I was thinking that myself today. Tried to work out how much was effects and how much was natural. He's one of those singers that doesn't really have a good voice - in the normal sense - but has a GREAT voice in the abnormal sense.

Mark Knoflezchnegger (or whatever his name is) would be another example, albeit most uncool to bring Dire Straits into the conversation...

Gonk

vzzbux

I will put this here rather than cluttering up the site with another thread.
The bloody youth of today. My 15 year old daughter has just come out with "I didn't realise Mick Jagger was a real person"  ::)

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Greg M.

In fairness, I don't know if Mick Jagger realises Mick Jagger was a real person.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Gonk

Thanks vzbx. That would have had me in stiches if I'd been there. I notice the drummer was the one dishing out most of the punishment. Seriously though, those guys must be heavily into Brechtian theatre "v" effects.

http://www.usq.edu.au/artsworx/schoolresources/mothercourage/Brechtian%20Techniques

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Onlyverysmall

Marion(This World And Body) are ridiculously underrated, as are The Chameleons(Script Of The Bridge). At the moment though, I am listening to the reggae re-imaginings of Little Roy, whose Nirvana versions are wonderful. The [something]Allstars were there first though, with their take on OK Computer, Radiodread(very good).

Mudcrab

For HOO-HAA and CrazyFoxMachine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOtTZ59YqY

As the only ones likely to listen to the whole thing and anyone else of course. Currently listening on vinyl, impossible to get any other way, which is of course, arsom  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

HOO-HAA

Quote from: Mudcrab on 11 March, 2012, 03:24:06 AM
For HOO-HAA and CrazyFoxMachine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcOtTZ59YqY

As the only ones likely to listen to the whole thing and anyone else of course. Currently listening on vinyl, impossible to get any other way, which is of course, arsom  :D

Absolutely awesome! Really kicks in around 3rd minute. Love the main vocal: demonic! And the growl blends really nicely with it all. Good stuff!