Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 02 August, 2012, 08:37:21 PM

Powerful image. My favourite Ministry song:

YOU NEVER STOP TO SMELL THE BURNING FLESH

Saw the Ministry documentary FIX yesterday. Watching an increasingly paranoid Al Jourgensen don a bullet proof vest for fear of being shot on-stage was a great advertisement not to shoot heroin.

Mudcrab

Behemoth, streaming live at Bloodstock. Pretty impressive* so far...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/10/stream-bloodstock-open-air-right-now-right-here/#more-99825

*for those with a tolerance for Black Metal
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Charlie boy

Today I found the time to listen to Anxiety by Ladyhawke and Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub (though I guess it was yesterday I found time to listen to those albums seeing what time it is now)

HdE

While attending the Auto Assembly convention in Brum, I nipped into HMV and picked up the new Rush album, 'Clockwork Angels'.

Holy freakin' COW, it's AMAZING!

The band basically draw on every element of their almost-40-years in music, and turn in an addictive, powerful and - I cannot make this any clearer - ROCKING album! It's been listened to so much since I got it, I fear I may actually melt it in my CD player!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Charlie boy

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Charlie boy on 11 August, 2012, 07:08:22 PM
Bruce Springsteen's The River
Good man!

Currently listening to The Gaslight Anthem who have pretty much saved my life they are so good.

Mudcrab

Quote from: HdE on 11 August, 2012, 01:53:47 AM
While attending the Auto Assembly convention in Brum, I nipped into HMV and picked up the new Rush album, 'Clockwork Angels'.

The band basically draw on every element of their almost-40-years in music, and turn in an addictive, powerful and - I cannot make this any clearer - ROCKING album! It's been listened to so much since I got it, I fear I may actually melt it in my CD player!

Yeah it's good, got that the other day. I remember a clip of itwhen Metal Evolution was on about them taking notes from bands that were influenced by them (many many bands) and it's right. Great album!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

GordyM

The Crimson Ghosts - Dead Eyes Can See.

They sound a lot like the Misfits but hey! If you're gonna steal, steal from the best!
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Charlie boy

Julian Plenti- Is... Skyscraper and Julee Cruise- Floating into the Night

HdE

Quote from: Mudcrab on 12 August, 2012, 09:31:15 AM
Quote from: HdE on 11 August, 2012, 01:53:47 AM

Yeah it's good, got that the other day. I remember a clip of itwhen Metal Evolution was on about them taking notes from bands that were influenced by them (many many bands) and it's right. Great album!

What impresses me is that several of the songs either channel specific elements of their band sound from certain periods or outright regurgitate musical ideas. There are passages in some of the songs that are reminiscent of songs like 'Witch Hunt', 'Bastille Day', 'Double Agent', and even a few things from Alex and Geddy's solo efforts. BUT - it's all done in the context of creating new music with its own energy, and it works.

I will be so sad if this is indeed their last full length album.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Charlie boy

Charlie boy

Ned's Atomic Dustbin- Some Furtive Years
My Bloody Valentine- Isn't Anything

NapalmKev

Utilitarian-Napalm Death,
Relapse-Ministry

Quality albums from two of my longtime favorite bands.
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Spaceghost

JJ DOOM - Key to the Kuffs. Leftfield producer and underground hero Jneiro Janel provides the beats for the legendary DOOM's rhymes on this new album. Weird, unsettling and utterly fantastic.

WILLIE ISZ - Georgavania. Jneiro Janel again, this time collaborating with Khujo Goodie of Goodie Mob fame.

Jneiro Janel and his many alter-egos (Dr. Who Dat, Shape of Broad Minds etc.) is one of the most innovative and original producers/rappers in hip hop today. He's pushing this music in new and brilliant directions.

Also listening to Plaid - Scintilli, the latest album from the electronic music pioneers.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

shaolin_monkey

You know what? I've been listening to Simon and Garfunkel.  There. I said it.  Simon and Garfunkel.  I fucking love them! I've been a fan ever since I first saw The Graduate as a teenager, but I haven't listened to them in years, 'cos so many people laughed in my face when declaring my love for them, including my recently ex partner.  But now I am free, FREE I TELL YOU! And I can listen to the Sound of Silence as much as I want!!!  Woohoo!

Aaaah, it felt so good downloading 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' from iTunes, and then singing along at the top of my voice in my new flat.   :D