Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

The Perfect edit of Grace "It's not over yet".

And Strike "Inspirational Love"

And "Never lost his hardcore" from Trade Volume 4.

Can you tell I'm going dancing in Manchistoh in a couple of weeks?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

Have you just got used to Snoop Dogg dropping the 'doggy' from his name? Bad news, he's Snoop Lion now, and he seems to have taken his weed obsession to its logical conclusion by making a reggae album and dressing up as the ghost of Bob Marley. If you think it sounds better than any record he's made for the last decade, that's probably because it's produced by Major Lazer:

HOW DOES BOB MARLEY LIKE HIS DONUTS?

That video looks like The Flaming Lips directing an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba. Actually, the person Snoop looks most like in this video is Osama Bin Laden; I suppose he thinks it's safe to grow a full beard now his looky-likey's no longer America's Most Wanted.

Spikes

Caught this Ash cover on Radio 2 earlier, and now cant get it out of my head.

shaolin_monkey

Went to see Zappa plays Zappa last night in St David's Hall.  Epic concert!  Gig of the decade!!!

Dweezil was incredible, but the standout musician was Scheila Gonzalez.  She was surrounded by several instruments - two keyboards, two saxophones, flute, kazoo, and goodness knows what else.  In some pieces she played all of them consecutively, rapidly, one after the other, and at one point she was playing the sax and keyboard at the same time.  Plus she had an amazing voice.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Keef Monkey

The new Soundgarden album is surprisingly brilliant.

I say surprising not because their previous albums weren't great (they're one of my favourite bands of the '90s), but just because with it being a reunion album I'd sort of braced myself for it to be a shadow of their former glories. It's not, it sits very happily alongside Down On The Upside as one of their best records. Phew!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 November, 2012, 11:35:43 AM
The new Soundgarden album is surprisingly brilliant.

I say surprising not because their previous albums weren't great (they're one of my favourite bands of the '90s), but just because with it being a reunion album I'd sort of braced myself for it to be a shadow of their former glories. It's not, it sits very happily alongside Down On The Upside as one of their best records. Phew!

This is good news!

Robert Frazer

I don't often listen to electronica, and when I do I tend to drift toward the chilled, balearic pieces. However, I recently picked up the Tron: Legacy soundtrack and whatever people say about the film, I'm loving the music.
Latest Video - The ESSENTIAL Judge Dredd

Aonghus

Quote from: Robert Frazer on 14 November, 2012, 12:53:11 PM
I don't often listen to electronica, and when I do I tend to drift toward the chilled, balearic pieces. However, I recently picked up the Tron: Legacy soundtrack and whatever people say about the film, I'm loving the music.
Agreed! I enjoyed the film (though maybe not as much as the original), and can take or leave Daft Punk, but I think that soundtrack is BALLIN'! Brilliant, sympphonic stuff, perfectly fitting the film :)

Frank

Derezzed is extraordinary. Posh handbagmonger Louis Vuitton is using John Murphy's In the House, In a Heartbeat from the 28 Days Later soundtrack to score his latest pretentious assault on your credit card. I'd completely forgotten how atmospheric that tune is, so this is a rare instance of a TV advert communicating something useful.

I, Cosh

Saw Swans at The Arches last night which was pretty amazing: it's reassuring to feel yourself being physically blasted with pure volume from time to time. I contemplated getting their recent album today but didn't as it would be impossible to play it loud enough at home.
We never really die.

GordyM

Amanda Palmer, Amanda Palmer and, well, Amanda Palmer.

Really trying to get into her new album but just keep going back to 'Who Killed...'
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Tjm86

Quote from: Aonghus on 14 November, 2012, 10:37:59 PM
Agreed! I enjoyed the film (though maybe not as much as the original), and can take or leave Daft Punk, but I think that soundtrack is BALLIN'! Brilliant, sympphonic stuff, perfectly fitting the film :)

Actually had the soundtrack before I saw the film.  A bit nervous as Tron is one of my favourite childhood sci fi films.  When I did get round to seeing it I found myself paying more attention to the soundtrack than the film which may be why I enjoyed it more than a lot of the reviewers did.  On an aside the remastered version is also well worth a listen, particularly Moby's take on 'Son of Flynn'.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I've had THIS stuck in my head all day. Great wee tune.
You may quote me on that.

Colin YNWA

I was born and raised on Merseyside.

Last night I went to see Pulp's 'homing gig' at the Motorpoint Arena in Sheffield. It had all the problems of an Arena gig; Pulp, while superb are far from my favourite band and yet if you ever wanted a more vivid evocation of why their home town is the most wonderful city on the planet this was it. Quite amazingly good.

I, Cosh

We never really die.