Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Not gone to bed yet 6:20am ish still drinking rum and doin slomo listening to Earl Sweatshirt- Whoa which I reckon Sauchie an Joe Soap will dig. Check it-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRkutaPS9w&feature=youtube_gdata_player

judda fett

I'm heroic an f#%in hardcore. Still up (sleep is the cousin of death and sobriety is overrated). So now I listen to Durag Dynasty. Alchemists production is off the meat rack at the minute so check this isht out-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFv_hfmFcpI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Frank

I share a pair of boxers and a physical body type with Earl Sweatshirt! Both of those were amazing, Fett - we definitely don't get enough hip hop recommendations round here. Cheers, and please accept my sympathies in advance for when that bender catches up with you and your head feels like a burst ball.

I, Cosh

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 April, 2013, 11:38:38 AM
Quote from: sauchie on 27 April, 2013, 03:44:46 PM
Quote from: The Cosh on 27 April, 2013, 01:17:55 PM
Even through it's veneer of French irony the core of the track is just too unpleasantly funky for me.

I love formless drone rock as much as the next man, Cosh, but can something be unpleasantly funky? Funk's the aural triangulation between your nuts, arse and ears; if something doesn't appeal to all three of those, it's not really funk. It's an inherently appealing and positive form.
If you don't like this 'born of funk' or this 'funk-o-meter just blew up!' you're unfunkily maladjusted.
Sorry gents. I actively dislike that most recognisably funky bass sound, would go as far as to say that I loathe Superstition and get cheesed off when electronic acts decide they need to have real instruments in some misguided search for validation. Not that I'm saying that last applies to Daft Punk but I'd rather hear more like this please.
We never really die.

Sepp Salerno

Charlie boy

Pete Yorn's new project The Olms, who have a youtube channel up in place because the debut album isn't out until 4th June.

ChickenStu

Fleetwood Mac have done a brand new 4 song EP exclusive to iTunes called "Extended Play".

Ain't listened to it yet, but I thought you guys might appreciate the heads up!  :)
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Sepp Salerno

ChickenStu

Quote from: Sepp Salerno on 01 May, 2013, 02:18:50 PM
Thanks - Love fleetwood mac

Who doesn't?

I'm seeing them in September, cannot fucking wait!  :D
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

Sepp Salerno

Quote from: ChickenStu on 01 May, 2013, 02:20:34 PM
Quote from: Sepp Salerno on 01 May, 2013, 02:18:50 PM
Thanks - Love fleetwood mac

Who doesn't?

I'm seeing them in September, cannot fucking wait!  :D

I'm green over here  :lol: Have an awesome time (which you will)

Spikes

Various glorious recordings by the sadly missed Lord of Upminister.

This tune may well be of a certain vintage now, and not exactly unfamilar, but every time i hear it, i find something new and fresh in it. Genius.

judda fett

Cheers Sauchie, glad you liked the links and thanks for the sympathy pal, I'm not feeling too heroic today I can tell you. Last man standing after a drinking session and then having a butcher's here didn't help as the whole pass out at 7am experience was mired by an alien invasion amongst other strange and horrible things. So, staying on topic I've mostly been listening to a ringing sound today.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 01 May, 2013, 10:36:01 AM
(I) get cheesed off when electronic acts decide they need to have real instruments in some misguided search for validation. Not that I'm saying that last applies to Daft Punk but I'd rather hear more like this please.

Quality. Daft Punk followed that with the mainstream house of One More Time, and their last single was either the brilliant Technologic or Derezzed from the Tron soundtrack. They've never really done the same thing twice, so I wouldn't worry that Random Access Memory represents the beginning of their retro-disco era. They've been moaning that EDM (get me, dropping hipster terms) is in a creative rut at the moment, so I think this is them paddling on their boards and waiting to catch the next big wave when it comes along.

That's clever, because Bangalter and de Homem-Christo started in the music business by covering a Beach Boys tune in their rock band, Darlin'.

Frank

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs on Jools Holland, notably not performing their fantastic new single Sacrilege. Karen O's ditched the Hershey look for a cross between Vegas Elvis and Sue Pollard, and their numbers are at 25m 20s and 58m 10s (below). Seasick Steve's entertaining as always, and Vampire Weekend and Dido are on there too; which is great if you like them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01sbbyk/Later..._with_Jools_Holland_Series_42_Episode_4/

radiator

Seeing the YYYs at Ally Pally today!