(You know they do)
(You know they do)
But in this ever changin' market
In which we're living
You need to know which to buy

I Say BUY COMICS OR DIE
(dumdum)
BUY COMICS OR DIE

You will not understand this unless you know my perverse view of great Bonds... (pre Daniel Craig that is)... so in many ways this will make as much sense as normal...

War Stories 25 - Still has shite art - Doctor No
Moon Girl and (no) Devil Dinosaur 25 - well the no says it all - Thunderball
Papergirl 18 - is it peddling now - For your eyes only
Kamandi Challenge 11 - SIMONSON!!!!! - You only live twice
Lazarus mini 5 - Lois Laneish - Licence to kill
Kill or be Killed 14 - Throwing us back into the unknown - Spy who loved me
Doctor Who 11th 3rd 12 - It'll be over soon - Octopussy
Dan Dare 3 - That's how to do it - Live and let die
Sherlock Frankenstein 2 - Not quite as good as the first - Man with the golden gun
Klaus and the Special summit - GMozz losin' it For your eyes only
Copperhead 16 - GOLDENEYE
Angelic 3 - GOLDENEYE deluxe special edition
Rock Candy Mountain 6 - GOLDENEYE VIDEO GAME!!!!!

Colin YNWA

Well as being liberated to get to watch Last Jedi yesterday I got dropped off my by nerd shop, so made a bonest visit. So only a weeks worth to collect but BOY what a week.

Kong on the Planet of the Apes 2 was the only none stella issue and that was bloody good.

The other three Sherlock Frankenstein and the Legion of Long Titles 3, Angelic 4, and Copperhead 17 are in fact all stella... so there's not much else to say and since its X-mas Eve I'll bid you all good night and wish you a very merry X-Mas.

May Santa Claus bring you all you desire.... which should just be comics as good as those I read....

Colin YNWA

I bought my comics and I'll witter if I want to
Witter if I want to
Witter if I want to
You would Witter too if these comics belonged to you.

So it been a while and you lot just don't talk enough when I'm not here, so really you bring it on yourself you really do. I bought me comics last Thursday but its taken me this long to read them all. I have now and so by hell I'll tell you all about it.

Quite a few endings dotted around the haul this month and I'll start with two. First Doctor Who 11 3rd 13th... and I thought I'd be saying thank fuck that's over as its been a weak 3rd season but you know what this ended really well and so now I want to re-read the series! The other I was always going to re-read and I'm looking forward to getting a full overview of Judge Dredd Blessed Earth 8, its so damned interesting.

There will also be a few start speckled around to and my first is Snagglepuss Chronicles 1 a more stayed and steady effort from Mark Russell (after Prez and Flintstones) but it introduces some compelling characters and that reveal about what the couple were off to see when they left their meal at the start of the comic. My good god that was fuckin' great. Strong start for a series I have a lot of hope for.

The next lot all all middling issues of series that might be treading water a little too much of late Moon Girl (no Devil Dinosaur) 26, Paper Girl 19 and (well no treading water but a dip) Cinema Purgatorio 13 though The Vast was superb.

Another strong start in Planet of the Apes Ursus 1 and Kong and the Planet of the Apes 3 was pretty good continuation which sets up the very exciting next phase of this tale as the apes take Kong back home, now this I buy into.

Kamandi Challenge 12 ends this hit and miss series with a fantastic, emotional and supremely executed ending. Sherlock Frankenstein and the Legion of Evil 4 isn't quite as good a close but its pretty damned good for this great Black Hammer interlude. Arh don't let him fall Angelic 5 continues to be great.

Two ending that in many a haul could be book of, but there's some good uns a coming. Anyway Dan Dare 4 all I can say is MORE PLEASE, this has been great and that ending deserves more, we're getting more, right? Its a shame The Spirit Corpse-makers 5 slipped out of Will Eisner's centeniary year but heck when your as good as Francavilla you gotta expect to have a lot on.

So with so much going on what the heck can top all those beginning and ending of by and large great quality. Why some classics of course Mage - Hero Denied 5 - quiet brilliance, Kill of be Killed 15 new shocking circumstance brilliance, Copperhead 18 end of an arc brilliance (come back soon!) but of course book of the haul, just as its been everytime its showed up is Rock Candy Mountain 7 just utter, utter brilliance, from the chilling first to pages, the hilarious next scene, the fantastic comedy crime caper, the Asterixesque battle scene and the terrifying cliffhanger. God this series has been supreme.

Anyway you lot if you don't start using this thread more next time I'll be wittering even more.I have warned you!

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 January, 2018, 09:10:37 PM
Anyway you lot if you don't start using this thread more next time I'll be wittering even more.I have warned you!

I'd love to use it more Colin, just don't have the reading material / pull list to do it regularly!

I did enjoy The Spirit Corpse-makers 5 and Cinema Purgatorio 13 though.

Smith

IDK,my reading list looks so different from everyone else here,that I dont really see the point in commenting.To be honest.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Smith on 31 January, 2018, 11:20:40 AM
IDK,my reading list looks so different from everyone else here,that I dont really see the point in commenting.To be honest.

But isn't that kinda the point?

Sure we could all compare notes on the same stuff we read (given the diverse pool of fans 2000ad pulls together that's never likely!) or we could tell people about the comics we are reading  that they aren't and why and it my trigger someone to pick someone up.

I can think of a number of occasions just that has happened to me due to comments here.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 January, 2018, 12:30:01 PM
I can think of a number of occasions just that has happened to me due to comments here.

Definitely the same for me- ditto games / movies / TV.

The Adventurer

Sorry, I've been off my game recently. Mostly because I haven't been buying comics the week they come out. Sometimes I'll wait up to a month to buy them depending on title and if they price drop. But my pulls for this week, 01/31/18 were...

DC/VERTIGO
Mystic U 02
The Silencer 01
Motherlands 01
Astro City 50

Bonehead 02
God Complex 04

IDW
Dread Gods 03

VIZ MEDIA
Weekly Shone Jump 01/29/18

A really diverse haul, I'm very curious about Motherlands since its a Si Spurrier book, and you know how good those can be. Bonehead and God Complex are solid cyberpunk (apparently each is based on a toy line, which is some kind of cart before the horse kind of weird). I really liked the first issue Mystic U, especially since its a 60 page book for $6. Which is a pretty good deal. The Silencer is Dan Abnett I'm sure doing Dan Abnett things, with John Romita Jr. Yowza.

Looks like a good week all around.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Smith

@Colin If nobody can/will engage,whats the point?Im just talking to myself then.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Smith on 31 January, 2018, 08:05:42 PM
@Colin If nobody can/will engage,whats the point?Im just talking to myself then.

Heck it never stopped me!

Where did that @ come from?

Hawkmumbler

Aye the last few months have been tough on my wallet so not much comic buying being done, however I am now starting to earn some money back and can start playing catch up! Yaaayy!

Smith

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 January, 2018, 08:30:15 PM
Quote from: Smith on 31 January, 2018, 08:05:42 PM

Heck it never stopped me!

Where did that @ come from?
That and some people get hostile because I dared to like TMNT and all that.

The Adventurer

I like TMNT! Though not really the IDW version

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Smith

There it is.
Like I said before,you should have stuck around until Secret History of the Foot clan.If that doesnt make you a convert,its not for you.