Main Menu

Meg 324 - Rising Sun

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 19 May, 2012, 12:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

Brilliant meg. Hondo City fJustice is back. Full review later today!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Buttonman

Bah just beat me to the thread. Nice looking issue that I'll gorge on tomorrow while hungover after today's drinking frenzy. The highs and lows can all be found on the Dreddlines page. 'Channelling Quentin Crisp' what a lot of pish - imagine using 'channelling' in a letter. Oh wait...

Trout

Batman's Superior Cousin

Sorry for the delay, have been extremely busy today!!!

Cover - An average cover by 2 brilliant artists!!!

Dred - Ends in a whimper!!!

Samizdat Squad - Is starting to remind me of [spoiler]the first story[/spoiler]!!!

Snapshot - Is starting to "pick up"!!!

Hondo City Justice - Is the [spoiler]The Hulk[/spoiler] I see on the final panel?? The [spoiler]Avengers Assemble movie madness[/spoiler] continues!!!

Floppy - The first story looks good, but is confusing (ie. who is who??)!! The second story is the final Harry Kipling (deceased) strip!!!

Interviews & [spoiler]Fiction[/spoiler] - Were both skipped over!!!

Dreddlines - By Proudfoot, Buttonman & various others!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Damn! My letter wasn't published again!  >:(
There is always next month, but come Decmeber we'll be all out of time!  :D

Cover- Very Nice. Look's prity and Inaba is all angry. So that's promising. ****

Dredd- Saldy this fall's into meh. the PR Judge's are still dillectably camp though. LOVE Sir Carlos and son. *** and a 1/2

Samizdat Squad- Is very samey. Nothing here is particularly original. Art is still the shitz though. *** and a 1/2

Snapshot- Still loving this. How can I not? Diggle and Jock together again? Pure bliss. **** and a 1/2

Hondo City Justice- Promising first parter. Looking forward to how it's going to play out. Spot the cameo on page one!  :lol: ****

Dreddlines- BUTTONMAN!!!!!  >:D

Floppy- I WANT to like TS/DM........but it's just so MEH! It's so bland and forgetable.............oh look, Harry Kipling! I knew there had to be more after last month. Now Tharg. rather than commisinig another series of Age of Wolf, bring this little stonker of a strip back. Please? ****

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 19 May, 2012, 12:25:50 PM
Full review later today!!!

Then why bother? Sorry, but this really annoys me - if you aren't going to bother with a review then don't start the thread.
@jamesfeistdraws

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 May, 2012, 08:15:07 PM

Then why bother? Sorry, but this really annoys me - if you aren't going to bother with a review then don't start the thread.

Sorry, but it was nearing 1PM and still no thread!!
Texts from Last Night

Trout

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 19 May, 2012, 08:40:21 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 19 May, 2012, 08:15:07 PM

Sorry, but it was nearing 1PM and still no thread!!

The time has nothing to do with it. If you have nothing to say, don't start a thread.

Batman's Superior Cousin

It was PAST 12 and I wanted to start the topic BELIEVING that I could write my review with the next 10/15 minutes!!!
Texts from Last Night

Trout

Again: it doesn't matter what time it was. There is no obligation for anyone to start a prog review thread before noon on a Saturday. Also, it doesn't matter when you intended to come back and post more. If you don't have a review, you shouldn't start the thread.

I don't want to give you a hard time, BSC, but - as a general rule on message boards - people shouldn't start a thread when they have nothing to say. If you're going to post, tell us something.

All the best

- Trout

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Trout on 19 May, 2012, 10:03:47 PM
Again: it doesn't matter what time it was. There is no obligation for anyone to start a prog review thread before noon on a Saturday. Also, it doesn't matter when you intended to come back and post more. If you don't have a review, you shouldn't start the thread.

I don't want to give you a hard time, BSC, but - as a general rule on message boards - people shouldn't start a thread when they have nothing to say. If you're going to post, tell us something.

All the best

- Trout

I KNOW you're not giving me a "hard time" but my original intention wes to create just one thread for the Prog but after creating the thread and seeing their still wasn't a thread for the Meg, I rather stupidly created another thread & for that, I humbly apologise. How about next time, I do a one word review for each of the stories??
Texts from Last Night

Trout

You created both threads without having read either comic.

I expect you'll continue to do whatever you like. I tried to be polite about it. Never mind.

a chosen rider

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 19 May, 2012, 10:14:59 PMI KNOW you're not giving me a "hard time" but my original intention wes to create just one thread for the Prog but after creating the thread and seeing their still wasn't a thread for the Meg, I rather stupidly created another thread & for that, I humbly apologise. How about next time, I do a one word review for each of the stories??

Why don't you just wait until you've actually got time to review, and if somebody else has started a thread in the meantime, post your reviews in that?  Anybody who's desperately waiting for the thread to appear to read spoilers is going to be a lot more annoyed by a fake review thread that hasn't got any info about the issue in it than if there's just no thread at all yet.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Trout

That was all good stuff. I've been very critical of the Meg in recent years but I'm enjoying it a lot more now.

The lead Dredd story was lots of fun. It's done in a light, good-natured way and I think it's important to read it with that in mind. I laughed a lot and I thought Dredd was handled properly, [spoiler]particularly when he sentences the woman[/spoiler].

Samizdat Squad's my favourite story in the Meg. It's got lots of great ideas in it and the art suits it really well. This is what the Meg should be about - Dreddworld stories full of twists and turns.

Snapshot's very cool and I love all that kinetic page layout that Jock does so well. The small problem with an action-oriented strip like that is it's easy to read it quickly. Sorry - is that splitting hairs? I liked it and expect I will love it when I re-read the lot eventually.

I love those flying bikes in Hondo City Justice. This was a great first episode.

I wasn't going to read the floppy, but I'll dig into it to read the Kipling story. I didn't know it was there until I read it on this thread.

- Trout

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: a chosen rider on 19 May, 2012, 10:41:35 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 19 May, 2012, 10:14:59 PMI KNOW you're not giving me a "hard time" but my original intention wes to create just one thread for the Prog but after creating the thread and seeing their still wasn't a thread for the Meg, I rather stupidly created another thread & for that, I humbly apologise. How about next time, I do a one word review for each of the stories??

Why don't you just wait until you've actually got time to review, and if somebody else has started a thread in the meantime, post your reviews in that?  Anybody who's desperately waiting for the thread to appear to read spoilers is going to be a lot more annoyed by a fake review thread that hasn't got any info about the issue in it than if there's just no thread at all yet.

Fair point, I'll refrain from making any review topics for the next 3+ months as punishment. It's just that being the first to write a review is like being first in a school queue. I humbly apologise for my actions, it won't happen again!!!
Texts from Last Night