Main Menu

2000 AD gets ready for San Diego Comic Con!

Started by Molch-R, 27 June, 2012, 05:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

One of the members of my group couldn't make it, so I had an extra ticket. But five minutes after I put the offer up on facebook a few days ago I had a gazillion requests...so I gave it to a pretty girl.

Large48

Ah the old pretty girl routine.......

What ever floats your boat!

:-X
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Electromud

I never thought this would ever happen...
...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!

Electromud

...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!

Trout

Oh, some cool stuff there, Electromud!

I have a lot of love for getting books personalised like that. I have a copy of Earth 2 decorated by Frank Quitely, for example.

That Jock sketch is particularly nice.

Electromud

dweezil2

Great sketches there Electromud!

Welcome to the obsession that is 2000ad!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

locustsofdeath!

COMIC CON REPORT:

Saturday I hovered around the 2000AD table and had great conversation with Clint Langely. He gave me a lot of "breaking-in-to-the-biz" tips and was very encouraging. Sunday he sketched a brilliant Slaine for me, and we chatted a bit more. A class act, just a really nice fellow. He bribed me 20 dollars to say that  ;).

Pat Mills provided the SDCC highlight of highlights for me - he was so nice, and so encouraging and he chatted and laughed - and really HE IS SO COOL. He talked a bit about how/when he broke into comics. A wonderful person, that Pat Mills.

Also, I spoke with Tharg for a bit...but I got out of there before I annoyed him with my stupid questions. Not wanting a Rigellian Hotshot, me. Last but certainly not least, Rebellion sent to America a most mesmerizing girl to work the booth. I have no idea who she was, but I made a complete fool of myself; every time she asked me if I needed help, I stuttered and stumbled, bumbled and fumbled. Real smooth, I know. I'm better at unrequited love, anyway.

I also got a sketch from the BIZ over at the Heavy Metal booth. Kevin Eastman drew me all four Turtles and Splinter, Sergio Aragones drew me Groo, Rufferto and EL BIGOTE, and Stan Sakai gave me a sketch. Got a sketch from Eric Powell, and one from Ben Edlund!!!

EDIT: I should also add that the Dredd film was getting major buzz on the floor. I really think the Stallone film is ready to be forgotten.

COMMANDO FORCES

I must get across to one of these in the future.

Drokk it! When the DREDD sequel is announced and planned to be previewed there, that's when I will be there (if the missus lets me ;))

blackmocco

Next year mate. I try and go once a decade to remind myself why I shouldn't go again. First year I went was great. Mom and Pop stalls, Brian Bolland original artwork. Second year I was completely hungover and managed to decimate half the convention center with the deadliest fart ever released by a human. Last time I went it was all glossy movie studios and I lost interest but it seems to have gained some traction with the comics industry again so I think next year I'm gonna hit it again.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Electromud

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 16 July, 2012, 02:19:00 AM

Pat Mills provided the SDCC highlight of highlights for me - he was so nice, and so encouraging and he chatted and laughed - and really HE IS SO COOL.

Same here. I never thought I'd meet the man, me being a yank and all, but it was an absolute pleasure meeting Mr. Mills.  Clint Langley and Jock were extremely nice as well.

Bolt-01

OMG Stan Sakai. Locust If I'd thought on I would have got you to ask him for an Usagi Yojimbo sketch. One of my heroes.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 16 July, 2012, 03:27:51 PM
OMG Stan Sakai. Locust If I'd thought on I would have got you to ask him for an Usagi Yojimbo sketch. One of my heroes.

Nicest man in the world. His booth was over near the video gaming section for some reason, so to get to him I had to walk through a wall of noise (Resident Evil 6 demos going like crazy). Then, there was this little tiny Asian man sitting alone. I spent a few minutes speaking with him, and he was as charming as can be.

Proudhuff

Sounds great LOD,but I bet it doesn't compare to your Hi-Ex times  ;)
DDT did a job on me