Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Egos, Copperhead, The Autumnlands, Saga, East of West, Supreme Blue Rose, Think Tank

Savage Dragon!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Autumnlands I get and love and Saga I get in trade, East of West I gave up on. the rest I'll have a nosey at...

Hawkmumbler

Big Man Plans.

It's Eric Powell, you like Eric Powell. And this is good Powell.

Fungus

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 December, 2015, 04:30:47 PM
Slightly irriatatingly a few of the times I'm leaning towards don't seem to have digital editions BUT I'm looking at Stray Bullets and Black Science keenly. Can anyone recommend either of those?
You need an unreserved recommendation of Black Science? I can do that. Bonkers thrill-ride of a series, tremendous art.

CrazyFoxMachine

I keep meaning to get Black Science, I've heard such good things about it!

Mardroid

Zavvi are doing a £10.00 Zbox sale. It includes the Cops one which, I think, includes that Judge Dredd badge,and Renegades, which contains the Rogue Trooper dog tags.

Whether the latter is worth it, I'm not sure. It does contain a soft Deadpool toy which I actually kind of like, but I don't think will be everyone's cup of tea.

Sorry, it's near the end now. I should have posted this earlier.

They also advertise that they are selling individual items from past zboxes. I haven't been able to access the link but maybe you'll have better luck.

BPP

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 December, 2015, 04:30:47 PM
Slightly irriatatingly a few of the times I'm leaning towards don't seem to have digital editions BUT I'm looking at Stray Bullets and Black Science keenly. Can anyone recommend either of those?

Black Science I didn't like at all. The art for issue 01 was great but immediately it switched to a quicker technique and I was out at the end of the first arc. It was very Swiss family Robinson in time/space and I couldn't give a toot about any of the characters.

Stray Bullets is the best monthly out there bar none. The compendium is essential comics (that page when Spanish Scott is at the end of the bed is one of the great 'oh shiiiiiit' moments in comics) and the 2014 - return has been brilliant. The current story Sunshine and Roses is pretty twisty tho so start at the start of it if you are tempted. Unlike Black Science the characters are brilliantly written and you do care about how the story will end up for them.

Also worth looking at from image is Dark Corridor, 8house (prophet meets game of thrones) and the island anthology.

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 26 December, 2015, 11:57:53 AM
I keep meaning to get Black Science, I've heard such good things about it!
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Cool thanks everyone. I got all Stray Bullets (up to Sunshine and Roses cos that ain't finished yet), Black Science (up and inc 17), Egos, Supreme Blue Rose, Big Man Plans. All for about 50quid.

Prices so good I'm tempted to double dip and try again later... well I was until I realised that I've now got 900 digital comics in the last year and hardly any of them have yet to make it to the top of my reading list! The best thing about going semi digital is the insane baragains you can pick up and how it diversifies what you read. Loving it!

Colin YNWA

Or publishers in on the act (come on Rebellion!) Dynamite (who sell their stuff on the Dark Horse app) have a 99 cent on everything (including recent stuff). Not as much of interest to me BUT will pick up Joe Casey's Captain Victory, Zorro and Django (I know of at least one fan of that here) and reprints of the first 6 issues of DCs Shadow with Sienkiewicz (spelling?) art.

If you don't own them worth checking this out for Warren Ellis' excellent James Bond, first two issues available.

https://digital.darkhorse.com/publisher/2/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DHD%20Weekly%20-%2012-30-15&utm_content=DHD%20Weekly%20-%2012-30-15+CID_00c0823969d50d1435a72b4539e6dd82&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor

BPP

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 December, 2015, 07:42:56 AM
Or publishers in on the act (come on Rebellion!) Dynamite (who sell their stuff on the Dark Horse app) have a 99 cent on everything (including recent stuff). Not as much of interest to me BUT will pick up Joe Casey's Captain Victory, Zorro and Django (I know of at least one fan of that here) and reprints of the first 6 issues of DCs Shadow with Sienkiewicz (spelling?) art.

If you don't own them worth checking this out for Warren Ellis' excellent James Bond, first two issues available.

https://digital.darkhorse.com/publisher/2/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=DHD%20Weekly%20-%2012-30-15&utm_content=DHD%20Weekly%20-%2012-30-15+CID_00c0823969d50d1435a72b4539e6dd82&utm_source=Campaign%20Monitor

Ennis did a lot of great stuff for Dynamite including Just A Pilgrim (with Carlos), Battlefields (inc. Carlos and PJ) as well as the better known The Boys, Red Team and Jennifers Blood. One thing to definately get is the Battlefields series 'Dear Billy' which is a brilliant touching story of great seriousness and handled with a deft touch.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

The Adventurer

All the Dark Horse and Dynamite sales are on ComiXology as well, if you don't want to juggle apps. 

I wish Rebellin would do more digital back catalog sales. Especially now that they have material going back to 2004.

Or.. A Humble Bundle.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Colin YNWA

Quote from: BPP on 02 January, 2016, 12:31:21 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 31 December, 2015, 07:42:56 AM
Ennis did a lot of great stuff for Dynamite including Just A Pilgrim (with Carlos), Battlefields (inc. Carlos and PJ) as well as the better known The Boys, Red Team and Jennifers Blood. One thing to definately get is the Battlefields series 'Dear Billy' which is a brilliant touching story of great seriousness and handled with a deft touch.

Yeah I'd echo getting the Battlefield stuff, love it all, but they only have the last two (very good) stories available, very little Boys stuff and the Jennifer Blood stuff is Mike Carroll's not Garth (not a bad thing I'm sure!)

QuoteI wish Rebellin would do more digital back catalog sales. Especially now that they have material going back to 2004.

Yeah I keep cheekily checking as I have money I'm ready to throw at them if they do!

Dodsy

Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 January, 2016, 06:10:14 AM
All the Dark Horse and Dynamite sales are on ComiXology as well, if you don't want to juggle apps. 

I wish Rebellin would do more digital back catalog sales. Especially now that they have material going back to 2004.

Or.. A Humble Bundle.

A rebellion humble bundle would be amazing!
Twitter - @dodsy84

Colin YNWA

Wow. Have a little X-Mas money left and was looking at Humanoid who I've realised I should be paying far more attention to as the produce some quite glorious editions of continental material. ANYWAY I stumble across the Amazon Kindle edition of BOTH Barbarella books for £3.32 each!

Now I know Kindle ain't too popular with some in these parts BUTcome on Barbarella (something I've always wanted to read) for less than 7 quid - GETIN!

Mardroid

I bought the 1978 2000 AD annual from a comic shop today for £10.00.

I kind of did it on a whim as I know some of this old material can be worth quite a lot.

The cover is a little tatty,(but it could be a lot worse, it's mainly wear to the edges) and the pages are yellowed (which is understandable). More of concern is that some of the pages are coming loose from the spine.

Apart from that, it okay. I love that musty old book smell. I just wonder, is £10.00 a good deal for this?