Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 18 May, 2016, 09:42:15 PMDuring the wait I discovered something interesting though about my comic eReader of choice, Chunky is ePub file friendly. They load up no problem, and don't have the page turn lag, or bloated file size problems that PDF seems to have.
Chunky also attempts to upscale in an intelligent manner, unlike the bulk of its contemporaries. I really hope a lot of people are paying for the IAP and supporting the dev. I think he was far too generous in making the app free.

IndigoPrime

Ghostbusters IDG comics now at Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/ghostbusters-comics-bundle

I've no idea if these are any good, mind.

IronGraham

We're werewolves not swearwolves

IndigoPrime

Is this a finite series? (I have the first book from a Humble Bundle, and quite enjoyed it. And it looks like this set is DRM-free.)

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 14 June, 2016, 10:26:24 AM
Is this a finite series? (I have the first book from a Humble Bundle, and quite enjoyed it. And it looks like this set is DRM-free.)
Think all Image stuff is DRM free on Comixology.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Yeah its finite BUT we're not sure when it'll finish and suspect it will be a good long time yet.

BUT - GET IT - its a bloody great series. Can't recommend it highly enjoy.

Colin YNWA

Although if you're looking for a stone cold absolute bargain how about the first 1000 pages of Cerebus for... wait for it... for... NOWT. Apparently.

http://www.cerebusdownloads.com/freecerebus/index4.html

Found via (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/14/the-first-two-volumes-of-cerebus-cerebus-and-high-society-for-free-all-one-thousand-pages/)

There really is no imaginable reason not to do this.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 June, 2016, 09:17:01 PM
Although if you're looking for a stone cold absolute bargain how about the first 1000 pages of Cerebus for... wait for it... for... NOWT. Apparently.

http://www.cerebusdownloads.com/freecerebus/index4.html

Found via (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/14/the-first-two-volumes-of-cerebus-cerebus-and-high-society-for-free-all-one-thousand-pages/)

There really is no imaginable reason not to do this.
Well Dave Sim did say Cerebus was to enter the public domain upon his death...which i'm fairly sure hasn't happened.

And that the characters within are free to use and copyright free already. I lawd the man for upholding his personal ethics but where does he get his money from if now his property? XD

Rately

First trade of Mark Millar's Jupiters Legacy is free on Comixology, currently. Not sure for how long.

Not a massive Millar fan, but as its free, and has Frank Quitely on art duties i'm more than happy to take advantage of the very kind offer.

The Adventurer

Can't say no to free. And I've had a copy of Jupiters Circle from a Humble Bundle ages ago.

As a rule I'm not a fan of Millar, but after reading both this definitely feels more on the Superman Red Son spectrum. Its not mean spirited like I find many of Millar's comics, nor a poorly thought out screenplay in comic form. I'm not sure if this'll get me to read Jupiter's Legacy 2, but its definitely more on my radar now.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Rately

Quote from: The Adventurer on 25 June, 2016, 03:34:57 AM
Can't say no to free. And I've had a copy of Jupiters Circle from a Humble Bundle ages ago.

As a rule I'm not a fan of Millar, but after reading both this definitely feels more on the Superman Red Son spectrum. Its not mean spirited like I find many of Millar's comics, nor a poorly thought out screenplay in comic form. I'm not sure if this'll get me to read Jupiter's Legacy 2, but its definitely more on my radar now.

I've had a quick scan through it over the weekend, and, unsurprisingly, it is absolutely lovely to look at.

Will need to get a spare hour and see how it holds up as regards the writing. Hopefully, as you say, it isn't the general, mean spirited 'homages' that Millar seems to produce.

I, Cosh

Big Image sale on comixology at the moment. You can catch up on East of West, among others.

There's also a sale on the Titan Dr Who comics which seem to be employing so many of our favourite creators. I got the first storylines of the Al Ewing and Robbie Morrison ones. Don't know if I've missed out on any extras, but the single issues work out cheaper than the trades.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

One Punch Man sale on Comixology. Just buy them all.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

With a lot of rave reviews here I picked up the FCBD comic of this and wasn't that fussed. Maybe didn't have time to get going? Can anyone sell it to me?

Dodsy

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 July, 2016, 12:17:53 PM
With a lot of rave reviews here I picked up the FCBD comic of this and wasn't that fussed. Maybe didn't have time to get going? Can anyone sell it to me?

Hoping for the same thing!
Twitter - @dodsy84