Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 25 January, 2018, 08:01:58 PM
It was both. Some of the Steelgraves are Tomlinson, some are McKenzie. I believe, for instance, they did alternating episodes on 'Sugar Beat'.

:o T. B. Grover they weren't.

Greg M.

I'm pretty sure 'Enemy Below' (the flooded iso-cubes one - not a bad story, actually) is a Tomlinson and 'Manchu Candidate' is a McKenzie - they both certainly read that way. 'Cage of Knives' is credited in one of the collections as a McKenzie, but he says it wasn't him, so it must be Tomlinson.

IndigoPrime

Fallen Angels and Ordinary Madness dropped today. Bit of a mixed bag in the former case, but I can't imagine – bar minor niggles – the latter will disappoint.

Fallen Angels: Angelic; Before They Wuz Dead; The Mean Machine: Goes to Town, The Mean Machine Gets Married, The Geek, Support Yore Local Bastich, and The Last Vidshow; Harke and Burr: Antique and Curious, Hamster Horror, Grief Encounter, Secret Origin, Satanic Farces; 3x covers; 3x Angelic sketchbook pages.

Tales of Ordinary Madness: 22nd Century Futsie; Loonie's Moon; Diary of a Mad Citizen; Lemming Syndrome; Love Story (greyscale intro and iffy repro, sadly); Love Story II; It Pays to Be Mental; It Still Pays to Be Mental; Still Mental After All These Years; The Law According to Dredd; Tomb of the Judges; The Dredd Syndrome; The Witness; Crazy Barry, Little Mo (YASSSS!); Banana City (ditto); The Hottie House Siege; Return to the Hottie House; It's Deja Vu All Over Again; 12(!) covers; Terminal Brainstorm two-page essay.

B+W repro is generally pretty good throughout – just the odd bit of lightness, which is most apparent on Love Story. Overall, another one of those volumes I suspect should go down very well.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 January, 2018, 10:19:08 AM
Tales of Ordinary Madness: 22nd Century Futsie; Loonie's Moon; Diary of a Mad Citizen; Lemming Syndrome; Love Story (greyscale intro and iffy repro, sadly); Love Story II; It Pays to Be Mental; It Still Pays to Be Mental; Still Mental After All These Years; The Law According to Dredd; Tomb of the Judges; The Dredd Syndrome; The Witness; Crazy Barry, Little Mo (YASSSS!); Banana City (ditto); The Hottie House Siege; Return to the Hottie House; It's Deja Vu All Over Again; 12(!) covers; Terminal Brainstorm two-page essay.

Oh snap! It's Mad City II!! Get in!
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 January, 2018, 10:26:11 AM
Oh snap! It's Mad City II!! Get in!
Mazers! These books seem to have come around very quickly.

abelardsnazz

Fallen Angels and Ordinary Madness dropped today. Bit of a mixed bag in the former case, but I can't imagine – bar minor niggles – the latter will disappoint.

Fallen Angels: Angelic; Before They Wuz Dead; The Mean Machine: Goes to Town, The Mean Machine Gets Married, The Geek, Support Yore Local Bastich, and The Last Vidshow; Harke and Burr: Antique and Curious, Hamster Horror, Grief Encounter, Secret Origin, Satanic Farces; 3x covers; 3x Angelic sketchbook pages.

B+W repro is generally pretty good throughout – just the odd bit of lightness, which is most apparent on Love Story. Overall, another one of those volumes I suspect should go down very well.

Don't think I've read of the Fallen Angels volume before other than Harke & Burr, looking forward to diving in.

ToOM sounds great, some classic stuff in there. What volume number is it? Thanks.

Dark Jimbo

Wait - Before they Wuz Dead but not Pizen Impossible?
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

Jamie1000013

So I just finished the recent Chopper volume and I am a little bit confused. Spoilers incoming

How did they bring him back? Was it a retcon?

Really enjoyed the volume though one of my favourites so far, bit weird how they have chopped and changed Choppers story with releasing Oz first. Also really enjoyed Underworld with the whole martial arts thing with Stan Lee and Tempest.

Big_Dave

How did they bring him back? Was it a retcon?

does seem like writer wanted him dead

just said he recovered from injuries
somone wll always find excuse
to bring back popular charcters

Jade Falcon

Was it a dream, did he step out of the shower?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Greg M.

I seem to recall that John Wagner said he thought of Chopper as dead, but left it ambiguous, just in case he wanted to bring him back. That said, to me, Chopper's death was the only way for that story to end - thematically and emotionally, it's one of the finest endings to a series 2000AD's ever had.

TordelBack

IndigoPrime

Anyone else read through Tales of Ordinary Madness yet? If so, are some of the black and white pages obviously lighter than others? Looks like another print-run cock-up, albeit a minor one, or just bad luck on my part, in getting a run where the ink was running lower than it should have been.

robert_ellis

A couple of the b&w pages of Love Story looked a bit washed out. I was more surprised that there's no red on the cover image. Was that a mistake?