Main Menu

Jimbo's 1/12th ABC Warriors (and friends)

Started by Dark Jimbo, 18 January, 2016, 10:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Has Bryan seen this?  Someone should show him!

positronic

These are absolutely fantastic! Dark Jim, you are truly a scratchbuilder of renown! If these haven't been featured in a magazine somewhere they certainly ought to have been. I take it 2000 AD doesn't have any sort of fan art pages, but they should definitely make an exception in your case.

It's funny, because about a month or two ago, I was just wistfully daydreaming that I'd wished there had been some A.B.C. Warrior well-sculpted action figures or kits -- or even statues, that would, I'm sure, be far to expensive for me to justify purchasing... *sigh*... and thinking, well fat chance of that happening. Seems like the only thing people want to license from 2000 AD is Dredd (and associated props, vehicles, and characters). Not that there's anything wrong with that! But where's the love for the other characters in plastic and resin?

Did you ever complete the final version of Mek-Quake? I'm dying to know. Mongrel and Thoth were absolutely great, as was Mongrel's dog (you are obviously a talented sculptor).

Any plans of doing a Ro-Jaws or a Hammerstein build?

Dark Jimbo

How weird! I saw this thread had revived and thought, 'Ooh! Exciting! An update!' before realising I am the one who makes these models...!

Quote from: positronic on 04 May, 2017, 08:16:58 PM
Did you ever complete the final version of Mek-Quake? I'm dying to know. Mongrel and Thoth were absolutely great, as was Mongrel's dog (you are obviously a talented sculptor).

Mek-Quake is a bit further along than seen in this thread (I shall update accordingly soon) but the build did stall a bit last year. Must make some more time to push it along a bit. I also have another Millsverse character in the works - just needs painting now and then you'll see it in this thread!

Well supposedly 3A will eventually bring us both Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein - I've not lost hope for that, although there will inevitably be a bit of modifying to those if they are eventually in my clutch
@jamesfeistdraws

positronic

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 May, 2017, 10:41:57 AM

Well supposedly 3A will eventually bring us both Ro-Jaws and Hammerstein - I've not lost hope for that, although there will inevitably be a bit of modifying to those if they are eventually in my clutch

After posting that last, I stopped and thought for a second... "or did they... ?", and did a quick image search, in which I did see some figures of Hammerstein (a few different variations) and Ro-Jaws, and I did note that 3A seemed to have secured an official license. I even saw people taking orders for these online; but you say they've still not as yet been produced?

Also saw a couple of others, including Mongrol and Morrigan. Don't know if these were 3A prototype sculps or just scratchbuilds. Did see one Blackblood, obviously a custom.

positronic

Dark Jimbo

That first one is the 3A Mongrol, which I modified earlier in the thread; then 3A Ro-Jaws, which has so far only been released in 1/6th scale but is supposedly due in 1/12th at some point; t'others are all kits, I think.
@jamesfeistdraws