Main Menu

The Mighty One: My life inside the Nerve Centre by Steve MacManus

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 26 January, 2016, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Quote from: GordonR on 27 January, 2016, 06:51:46 PM
I remember interviewing Steve decades ago, and him telling me that, when IPC sold its comics division to Maxwell, the staff's pension fund was also transferred over.....only for Cap'n Bob to later nick the lot.

So you're not just buying a great-sounding book, but you're also helping make sure the MAC-1 droid gets the retirement he deserves.

Retirement? Surely that's what Mek Quake is for
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bad City Blue

Started on it yesterday, and was annoyed that he thinks Leo Baxendale created Dennis the Menace!

Also go to say the paper quality of the hardback really takes me back to the good old 'loo paper' days...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

sheridan

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 08 September, 2016, 11:48:45 AM
Started on it yesterday, and was annoyed that he thinks Leo Baxendale created Dennis the Menace!

Also go to say the paper quality of the hardback really takes me back to the good old 'loo paper' days...
The paper quality of the paperback is of similar vintage...

Trent

117/200. Interesting dipping in with little insights behind the scenes of the comic I cherished in my youth.
Still do but it's different when you are young and get swept up with things.

IndigoPrime

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Rio De Fideldo

Ever so slightly off topic but does anyone know when the round Judge Dredd/2000ad stickers where issued that Steve has decorated his books with?

I want to try and buy one off ebay but I'm struggling to even find them on google images

Geoff

Quote from: Rio De Fideldo on 19 October, 2016, 12:32:15 PM
Ever so slightly off topic but does anyone know when the round Judge Dredd/2000ad stickers where issued that Steve has decorated his books with?

I want to try and buy one off ebay but I'm struggling to even find them on google images

Don't know when they came out (prob mid-80s) but I managed to get a couple off eBay a year or so ago, so they are out there..

Really enjoyed the book, some great insights, a warm tone throughout and very funny in places.

Spikes

Wasn't somebody selling those stickers on eBay last month?

Rio De Fideldo

I think thats when I saw them and now I can't find an image on google.

COMMANDO FORCES

Leigh S

I have one too - I always assumed they were an artifact from around prog 178ish

Rio De Fideldo

If anyone's selling one please let me know and I'll have it!!