Main Menu

Shane Black's The Predator

Started by Goaty, 16 February, 2016, 11:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Shane Blacks Predator a Horror Comedy. Don't know if that'll please Predator Fans or not.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-predator/45067/the-predator-news
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Professor Bear

At this point I imagine Predator fans have resolved themselves to taking what they're given and shutting the fuck up.

Keef Monkey

Read Olmos' comments and also Tom Jane's and I didn't really take them to mean that it's a comedy, just that Shane Black's humor is in there and the dialogue is pretty zingy. Wouldn't expect anything less with him in charge, but doubt it'll be an all-out comedy.

Link Prime

radiator

New poster and trailer. I was VERY wary at first, but this is actually starting to look pretty great. I still suspect this film is going to be a lot weirder and more irreverent than the marketing is suggesting though.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/06/26/the-predator-trailer-new

Professor Bear

Oh good, the Super Predators from Predators - the best thing about Predators - are back.  Fantastic.

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

They have Super Predators now... when did regular Predators become not good enough?

Mardroid

I agree, although it's something that started in the last film, Predators. [spoiler]Thankfully, in that film, the classic predator does put up a good fight before being wiped out by the other more powerful version.[/spoiler]

I wouldn't mind so much if the new ones in this film turn out to be the females of the species, though. That could be an interesting twist.

wedgeski

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 July, 2018, 10:44:19 AM
I wouldn't mind so much if the new ones in this film turn out to be the females of the species, though. That could be an interesting twist.
It looks kinda feminine in the latest imagery.

I too have hopes for this. The teaser left me a bit "meh", but the first trailer was sufficiently exciting that I turned it off half-way through to avoid spoilerage.

Link Prime

Quote from: Professor Bear on 16 February, 2016, 12:04:35 PM
I'll risk jinxing it by saying it can't be worse than Predators or AvP2.

Oh no he didn'

Barely managed to get through it this evening.
Sloppy and disappointing.

Tiplodocus

Shame that. Not perfect (especially the very ending) but I thought there was a lot of fun in amongst the messiness. I didn't even have to look too hard to find it.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Keef Monkey

Yeah we really enjoyed it, not perfect as you say but got a lot of laughs out of us and some badass moments and thrills. Loved the group chemistry and banter. Will need to see how it holds up on a second watch, but I've happily ordered the 4K blu-ray based on the cinema experience.

Plus, the zavvi steelbook is one not-ugly motherhonker -

Link Prime

There were isolated moment's to enjoy of course, but it just didn't work for me.

Throw in some weak comedy, poor FX, an annoying kid and a nonsensical plot (the 'altruistic' Predator kills more humans than the combined body count of all previous films) and you're on to a loser, but the big sin for me was the window toss of what came before (from the decent movies and comics).
Won't be back for more, if it ever materializes.

Rian Johnson: "And that, my friends, is how you f*ck up a franchise".
Shane Black: "Holdo my beer".

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 November, 2018, 11:04:16 PM
Rian Johnson: "And that, my friends, is how you f*ck up a franchise".
Shane Black: "Holdo my beer".

Oddly enough I'm a big fan of The Last Jedi too, so different strokes I guess!