Main Menu

Complete Cabs and Ten-Seconders in digital

Started by IndigoPrime, 02 March, 2016, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Interesting to see 'complete' digital editions of Ten-Seconders and Cabs go up (today?) on the 2000 AD shop. Bit of a barg at ten quid each if you're into the digital side of things. It's also nice to see the digital side of things shifting a little from print, not least for series that presumably can't justify more print outings.

Hawkmumbler

I still say they could have shoved the last Cabs story into the first Absalom trade.

I, Cosh

That's pretty interesting. I'm definitely tempted to get the complete Cabs given that all my relevant Progs are a thousand miles away.
We never really die.

Timothy

I, on the other hand, am a bit gutted I forked out for the two earlier Cabs books as well as Absalom and have therefore missed out on the conclusion. How about a digital upgrade for us poor souls, Tharg?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 02 March, 2016, 01:40:50 PM
I, on the other hand, am a bit gutted I forked out for the two earlier Cabs books as well as Absalom and have therefore missed out on the conclusion. How about a digital upgrade for us poor souls, Tharg?

Well your making the assumption there was a conclusion to Cabs...

IndigoPrime

Didn't it just kind of stop when Rennie got bored of it?

Dark Jimbo

I'd actually say it wrapped up reasonably conclusively (although it left a few loose ends in its wake, not the least the ultimate fate of the few surviving main characters) - the last story was entirely Absalom-driven, with the heads of the British occult establishment predicting trouble at some point down the line from [spoiler]Demon Jenny's Kostabi-baby[/spoiler], so it was already shifting towards Harry as the focus. That final story served as quite a naturals segue between Cabs/Absalom, a nice bridge between the two strips.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Adventurer

Well except for that undead guy in a pith helmet who was never resolved.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

'The Undead adventures of Lt. Francis X. Littlejohn' was the only plot point that felt like it could really have done with resolution*, even if we'd only had one more end-of-year bumper episode to do it in. It very much feels as though if the [spoiler]Ravne/Jenny/baby[/spoiler] plot is ever resolved, it's going to happen in Absalom, so there's no real 'need' for more Cabs.

*If only for how much fun it could be!
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 02 March, 2016, 03:14:06 PM
It very much feels as though if the [spoiler]Ravne/Jenny/baby[/spoiler] plot is ever resolved, it's going to happen in Absalom, so there's no real 'need' for more Cabs.

Well if things are resolved there perfectly happy with that. Would just be a shame not to have a resolution. as the [spoiler]Ravne/Jenny/baby[/spoiler] story was a beaut.