Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by radiator, 20 October, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

I thought you could keep going to find everything after you kill Ganon. Is this not the case?
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 24 October, 2017, 12:57:14 PM
I thought you could keep going to find everything after you kill Ganon. Is this not the case?

It's not, but after defeating Ganon you can return to the last save point before the battle begins.
It works better this way.

You'll also naturally want to go for the endgame a second time after clearing all of the shrines (for the 'complete' ending).

I found the progression in the game just fine. Of course you're overpowered after a long play-time, but the enemies do 'level up' too.
I note that your first Divine Beast was my third- I love that it's slightly different for everyone.

I've cleared the game apart from the Korok seeds, and am itching to get back into it when the next batch of DLC is released at Christmas.

The Enigmatic Dr X

So, am I the only one who found Zelda tedious?
Lock up your spoons!

JamesC

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 24 October, 2017, 07:34:58 PM

Not quite. There was definitely some tedium there! I think it's a fantastic game overall, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I feel I should have. There are lots of little things about the game that I find really frustrating. I think it's a game I'll come back to - I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Zelda in general but I usually revisit them sooner or later.

Link Prime

By their very nature, enormous open world games such as this lend to a certain amount of tedium.
If you're invested in the game it's less of an issue, but it's definetly an understandable reaction.

First sale on the Switch eShop this evening on selected titles.
I was gonna wait till January for the physical release of Axiom Verge, but was swayed by a measly 10% price drop.
Can anyone recommend Don't Knock Twice?

Tiplodocus

I found it relaxing.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Tedious is maybe a bit strong but I can't get on the "10/10, best game ever" bus.

Quote from: I, Cosh on 11 September, 2017, 06:52:39 PM
Still playing Breath of the Wild in bursts. It's beautiful but kind of boring, but I've still managed to play 50+ hours and only just unlocked half of the map.
We never really die.

JamesC

I'm really looking forward to Mario Odyssey. I happen to have a day off on Friday and have the game pre- ordered, so Friday should be fun.
I don't actually own a Switch yet but can borrow one from work (we run a gaming festival each year so have quite a selection of consoles in storage). I'll buy a Switch when I see a good offer but pre-ordered Mario from Amazon because of the price guarantee. Looks like I'll be getting it for about £41 which is pretty good.

Satanist

Well just ordered one of these with Mario & Zelda. That should make for one happy child at Xmas.

And me when I *test* it beforehand.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tiplodocus

Just been away for a couple of days and it was really cool to be able to take the Switch with me and carry on playing Rogue. Especially when hotel bar is full of serious business people on laptops and I'm blowing up Nort Heavy Support Armour with a flak cannon (because I never found the mortar upgrade this time round).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 October, 2017, 08:15:34 AM
Tedious is maybe a bit strong but I can't get on the "10/10, best game ever" bus.

It's close enough.

The phenomenal looking Mario Odyssey out today. I won't be getting my hands on it til Tuesday / Wednesday due to the bank holiday post, but who could've turn down the Amazon pre-order price?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Link Prime on 27 October, 2017, 10:50:03 AM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 25 October, 2017, 08:15:34 AM

It's close enough.

The phenomenal looking Mario Odyssey out today. I won't be getting my hands on it til Tuesday / Wednesday due to the bank holiday post, but who could've turn down the Amazon pre-order price?

Not me! But it's a Christmas present. Bah.
Lock up your spoons!

Apestrife

Just of "finishing" Mario. [spoiler]Only got 200 of 900 moons.[/spoiler]  :lol: Got a bit more to do.

Lovely game. Not often I played something with so much colour.

But I need to send my console on service. I get a ground buzz when using headphones. I'v head that a ground loop can work, but I rather get it fixed.

radiator

My Switch arrived. It's a really beautiful little piece of kit. Playing it strictly handheld - tbh I doubt I'll play it much docked.

Mario Odyssey is sublime. I'm not sure I'd go along with all the ecstatic reviews quite yet - it's slightly too linear and easy for my tastes so far. But it's an incredibly slick and well-produced game.

Apestrife

Quote from: radiator on 30 October, 2017, 06:08:39 PM
My Switch arrived. It's a really beautiful little piece of kit. Playing it strictly handheld - tbh I doubt I'll play it much docked.

Mario Odyssey is sublime. I'm not sure I'd go along with all the ecstatic reviews quite yet - it's slightly too linear and easy for my tastes so far. But it's an incredibly slick and well-produced game.

Get's harder later on, and the game opens up quite as you play as well alot when you've finished the main campaign.