Main Menu

Lakes International Comic Art Festival 2017 13-15 October

Started by Dunk!, 16 February, 2017, 02:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Stan Sakai and Sergio Aragones top the International Comic Guest list this year

No strong 2000ad showing again this year, but Brendan McCarthy and Pete Milligan should give good talks.

Also the tickets are now Day Passes rather than to individual events so the weekend overall cost has gone down from £80+ the last time I went to £40 odd.

Other info here: https://www.comicartfestival.com/

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Proudhuff

There are some 2k bodies there, Charlie and Philip? never understood The Mighty Tharg's distrust of The Lakes, you'd think he'd love all that verdant loveliness  :D

DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 February, 2017, 10:01:07 AM
There are some 2k bodies there, Charlie and Philip? never understood The Mighty Tharg's distrust of The Lakes, you'd think he'd love all that verdant loveliness  :D

All the tea and coffee is served in china teacups and mugs, instead of plastic cups, as it should be.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Mikey

I'm going to this! Bringing my Mrs too and we'll be staying a week in Kendal, hoping to do some walking once the comic haze lifts...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

norton canes

matty_ae

awkward phrasing

"Steve's recent book 'The Mighty One' offers his unique, warm and witty insight into 2000AD's golden age during the 1980s. To provide further insight and illumination he'll be joined by one of 2000AD's most important artists and writers of the golden era, Peter Milligan and hot on his heels, Sean Phillips and Duncan Fegredo.
There will be signings immediately after the event."

Have they got confused and think Pete can draw. He cant can he? David Hine did both.

Bolt-01