Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

Rather ticked off with the WH Smiths I order my 2000AD collection from.  Went in today and into the cabinet where my book is usually stored and nothing.  Some plonker had placed it on public sale.  Its a good job that it hadn't sold.  This isn't the first time this has happened.

Also, Ive already contacted them twice about the piss poor quality of some of the text in my last Dredd book and never got a reply.  Anyone got any ideas for an alternate contact method or any suggestions.  Most times I haven't been too bad but the text was so bad in some places it was unreadable.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

moogie101

I sent a message to the Facebook page thanking them for getting me up to date & suggested they make other subscribers aware its an option to try & stop the constant stream of complaints every time they post anything & got an interesting response.

"Its not all accounts that allows subscribers to catch up with their subscriptions, you were lucky yours did allow to send the issues. With some accounts we can not adjust issues"

WTF?

karlos

Do hatchette only reply to FB posts? I asked them about subs via their website and have got no response at all.

moogie101

Quote from: karlos on 22 November, 2018, 07:50:06 AM
Do hatchette only reply to FB posts? I asked them about subs via their website and have got no response at all.

In the past I've tried emails & phonecalls, but the only decent response I've ever received has been via the FB page. Weird.

karlos

Certainly is, Moogie101!  Very odd!  Thanks for replying - much appreciated!

James Stacey

Every time Ive contacted via phone or email its only made matters worse. I actually cancelled my Transformers sub as I was only borderline on if I should get it and they refused to set up a direct debit correctly after several calls and emails, then sent me a shitty letter saying I hadn't paid. Fortunately no issues with Dredd or Toof

IndigoPrime

I've never got through on the phone – it just rings off. Email ranges from incoherent to vaguely coherent. (One person via email told me you could only subscribe from issue one, when I mentioned the website form 'stopped' at something like issue 29.)

Facebook Messenger is your best bet, although replies can take a long while sometimes. (Usually, I get a response within about three days. The longest wait I had was nearly three weeks.) Public replies on a relevant Facebook thread sometimes kick their arse, mind.

BPP

Bit of a shame the 90s cover art book has the whole cover - whereas the 2000s has just the main art piece. The result is just a book of reduced sized covers. Way too much border around each too. The first book was great, this one - not so much. Probably cancel out of the final 2 books and save 40 quid. Bah.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

leethomson

Quote from: BPP on 22 November, 2018, 01:22:08 PM
Bit of a shame the 90s cover art book has the whole cover - whereas the 2000s has just the main art piece. The result is just a book of reduced sized covers. Way too much border around each too. The first book was great, this one - not so much. Probably cancel out of the final 2 books and save 40 quid. Bah.
I made the same complaint to Hachette on the FB page and just got a "We are sorry to hear about this. We will forward your complaint on to the team." It's definitely taking advantage of subscribers who expected the 2nd book to be of the same quality as the 1st.

karlos

Thanks muchly for the replies, guys.

Also, has there been any more talk on what we can expect with issues #81-#100?

sintec

Quote from: karlos on 22 November, 2018, 03:21:18 PM
Also, has there been any more talk on what we can expect with issues #81-#100?

I don't think it's even been confirmed we're getting anything beyond issue 80 has it. Just lots of speculation and wishful thinking.

karlos

Thanks, Sintec- I honestly thought there'd been some titles sort of confirmed for an extension (Finn, seems to spring to mind, for some reason).

moly

Well had my reply from Facebook asking them to get up to date with the shop

We are not using the same schedule as the newsagents , we only send 2 a month as they get issues weekly ,we might sometime be a little behind however we make sure that our customer get all issues to complete the series and we also replace if needed .

IndigoPrime

The newsagent is also on a fortnightly schedule. So they're talking bollocks again. Perhaps they mean that they send monthly instead of fortnightly. But that schedule was knocked out by an entire month because of the covers volume screw-up. It just seems like it's luck of the draw. When I subscribed, I was about a week behind stores. Then that slipped to 4–5 weeks behind. On resubscribing, I was just under a week behind the stores, and this latest set came two days before the first one was in the wild. Random.

moly

It is very bad customer service and I wouldn't start another set with them in the future, wouldn't think it was the same company that did judge dredd partworks