Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Quote from: moly on 22 November, 2018, 07:39:45 PM
It is very bad customer service and I wouldn't start another set with them in the future, wouldn't think it was the same company that did judge dredd partworks
Perhaps try sending a similar request to hachetted400cancellations@jacklinservice.com. I got my double order that way from 'Alice'  after being turned down via Facebook. Include your sub no & say you're considering cancelling?

Tomwe

Whoever it was that complained that one time the Judge Dredd Mega Collection went into Sale mode on the Hachette site has a lot to answer for.

Both that and this collection once again excluded from the 50% discounts.

IndigoPrime

Yep. Gits. I get the exclusion of recently released items (in this case, they block anything since May from the sale), but entire series? Bah.

athorist

Quote from: Tomwe on 21 November, 2018, 09:37:09 PM
Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 21 November, 2018, 08:16:17 PM
With the 31/32 spine error, the FB page asked people to get in touch with them via messenger with sub numbers to request a corrected copy. Not the best solution tbh as people without FB are pretty much left out.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the FB mods comment about getting in touch is about the endpapers. It's a complete coincidence that the pair that were flipped were issue 31 & 32, whereas the Slaine pair in question are volumes 31 & 32. The mods are yet to directly address the spines in my image post.

Thanks Tomwe for suggesting that, I messaged them and they offered to fix it when the reprints are done (both the Slaine spine and Nemesis). If they're doing the endpapers as well, I don't know, but I don't think I'll bother now, seeing as one of them's going to be fixed anyway.

(Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to send two endpaper prints and some glue?)
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Jade Falcon

Hachette continue to baffle.  I send them a message about the text quality in War in the streets.  I state that it was number 90 as an issue (ie the last one we got), but it was numbered as number 88 in the collection.

They reply asking if I would like a replacement for Number 92, which doesn't even exist?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Thoughts on the contents of this months books.

It was hard to believe Kingdom could get any better - but it does.  Definite contender for best book of the collection so far.  The art is absolutely stunning and the writing is superb. Really hope we get an extension and a 3rd volume of this but if not I'll definitely be looking out for trades with the continuation of this story.

I wasn't a big fan of Time Killer so I was expecting to have a similar dislike of Sláine's Tomb Of Terror, happily I quite enjoyed it though.  It was a good old fashioned Gygax style dungeon crawl and didn't suffer from the reams of exposition which I think bogged Time Killer down.  Spoils Of Annwn was an enjoyable little side quest leading up to Sláine The King which was a top quality thrill. Maybe Time Killer just caught me in the wrong frame of mind but this felt like a real return to form.

Jade Falcon

Finally got through to Hachette by phone.  The first number they supplied was not recognised but I got a second.  Heavily accented voice on the other end, Indian perhaps?  Nevertheless I was able to get through to the guy that the issue number and volume number weren't the same due to the release method and gave the name of the issue.

He took my details and said there will be a replacement sent out but I hope it's not got the same problems
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomwe

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 27 November, 2018, 11:12:54 PM
Heavily accented voice on the other end, Indian perhaps? 

I think it's South Africa, where Jacklin Enterprises is based:
QuoteThe company is based in Johannesburg, South Africa and London UK. Operations are managed from Johannesburg, South Africa and the North East of United Kingdom. We are a proudly South African company who is deliberate in offering world renowned service.

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 27 November, 2018, 11:12:54 PM
He took my details and said there will be a replacement sent out but I hope it's not got the same problems

Does this mean you'll have a spare copy of War On The Streets?
I'd happily take it off your hands, repro issues and all, if you do as that vol is proving tricky to pick up now.  Send me a PM if you're interested.

sintec

Actually it seems Hachette have had a restock - just ordered 4 of the 5 vols of the Dredd collection I'm missing including War On The Streets.  Now to track down a copy of Famous Monsters at a non-exorbitante price and I'm done.  Very glad I didn't get sucked into some of the crazy bidding wars I've witnessed on ebay.

IndigoPrime

I ordered a bunch of stuff in the Black Friday sale, which was supposed to arrive in 2–3 business days. Did it arrive? Did it f——.

Sigh.

sintec

Last order I made with them directly took about a month - apparently due to some kind of stock take, at least that was the excuse I was given.  Punctuality is not their strong suit.

Jade Falcon

Wonder how long it will take for my replacement and I'm sceptical as to whether it will be any better to be honest.

The Monarch

its kinda sad some random guy on the internet can send you something faster than a company

IndigoPrime

I'm actually a bit pissed off about this one. As ever, it's all about expectation. When they send a replacement, they state 7–14 business days. It takes ages. That's fine. But when you spend over a certain amount on the store, they stipulate next-day dispatch and arrival within 2–3 business days. Mind you, I'm not sure why I should have expected anything else.