Main Menu

Meg 383 Riot Act!

Started by Proudhuff, 15 April, 2017, 01:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Cover: stunning stuff, how many links on the chain? ;)

Dredd: a great set up action, humour and detective story all in good measure.

Text: Dermot Power chats, new chaps too and a promos for a road rage comic and the Last American.

Havn: works for me, enough to hook into the brain and carried well by the artwork.

Anderson: slightly underawed by this can't put my finger on why.

Lawless: continues the high level of inventiveness and character building. nice finale.

No letters page  :-X

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

oh and the Floppy is a PJ Holden calling card to America... if only TMO had put one of his covers on it... sneaky way to keep your droids in line! 
The title page from Dead Signal would have worked a treat ::)
DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

I love the graffitied body armour.

dweezil2

Really excellent first part to the Dredd story this month, look forward to seeing where it goes!   :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 April, 2017, 10:59:17 AM
I love the graffitied body armour.

I'm liking how there's graffiti on the body armour, tattooing on the arm and a display on the wristband/watch, none of which causes confusion on what we're seeing.

Proudhuff

Megazine sales now up to five boarders....Looks like TMO will have to bring back Dreddlines after all  :D
DDT did a job on me

All-Comic.com

Colin YNWA

Well what can we say the Megazine is continuing to be consistanty high quality thrillage. Have to say its  barely missing a beat at the moment as the best compliment I can pay if currently is it more than holds its own with a Prog in rare old form.

What to say about the specifics. Well Dredd is a fantstic opener, nice set up and leaves plenty of room for things to develop. Just smashing stuff.

Havn builds nicely on last month and for me moves things along very well and is much more grounded than the opener pulling things together nicely.

Anderson continues to be solid entertaining comics done well. Just not a fault with it. Its not exceptional but its bloody good stuff.

Unlike Lawless which is exceptional. This is just the very best that comics has to offer and Dabnett and Winslade find yet more imaginative and enthralling ways to move things forward. Its a great character piece that entertains in its own right and really pushes the bigger picture to the fore. This is just perfect comics.

All that and the text pieces are roundly entertaining too. The Meg really is knocking it out the park at the moment. Superb.

Magnetica

Only read Havn and Lawless so far. But so good so far.

Quick question - who was that at the end of Lawless?

SpongeJosh

Favourite Meg cover of the year for me. I have to agree with Colin the Meg is brilliant at the moment. Just hope it hasn't peaked.

Proudhuff

I think Colin's liking Lawless....
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 24 April, 2017, 06:23:15 PM
I think Colin's liking Lawless....

Oh you know I can take it or leave it...

... oh who am I kidding I want to rub it all over my sequential art glands until I squirt 4 coloured goo everywhere.

If I could I'd marry it.

ZenArcade

For those who don't know, the cover is by Ryan Brown's wee brother Adam.  He works closely with Glenn Fabry and it looks real good. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Magnetica

Thanks ...I was wondering as it looks a bit like a "Ryan Brown" but the credit is "Adam"...so thanks for clearing that up.