Main Menu

New Doctor

Started by Timothy, 14 July, 2017, 08:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I'm happy - going to have to rewatch that episode of Black Mirror to refresh who she actually is.

Richard

Ricky Gervais's tweet:

QuoteOutrage at Dr Who anouncement: One fan said "How can I masturbate to the Daleks now with a bloody woman in the way?"

Mardroid

I don't know her well (but I didn't know the others either, although Capaldi's face was familiar from that sweary comedy... (which I never watched) but I know her face!

Probably familiar after having just watched Black Mirror, although...

... (one quick Google later)....

[spoiler]The Entire History of You[/spoiler]

I thought that was the one, although I couldn't remember the title. (I think of it as [spoiler]The Memory Chip[/spoiler] episode. Boy, was that one uncomfortable viewing.) Yes she was very good in it.

An interesting choice. Not an actress I associate with eccentricity, but that's basing her on the roles I've seen her in, but I think she will pull this off. She has an interesting face, (in a good way)  that's for sure.

Mardroid

I wonder: now we have a female Doctor (Otherwise known as The Nurse*) will we have male companions? Keep up the opposite gender dynamic?

I'd be happy with either, (and I'm hoping Bill will be back) but I'm curious to see.

* I'm joking. I'M JOOOOOOKIIIIING!!!

Colin YNWA

Most interestingly the annoucement hasn't broken the internet like we were promised. The world also appears to still be turning. Its like the bloody Millenium Bug all over again!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 16 July, 2017, 05:31:36 PM
I'm happy - going to have to rewatch that episode of Black Mirror to refresh who she actually is.

Or pretty much all of Broadchurch.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 16 July, 2017, 05:26:27 PMI've unfortunately seen a lot of the old guard claiming that that's it for them, they'll never watch it again. Of course we know they will - they always say that.
Quite, and even if they didn't, so what? They need to get kids interested again. And just as it was cool to see lots of little girls being Ghostbusters, I'm looking forward to seeing them be The Doctor.

As for companions, I'll be amazed if there aren't two (one of each gender).

Andy Lambert

edgeworthy

Unfortunately I can't get the image of her as the dull-witted receptionist on St. Trinian's out of my head. This is going to be a problem.

The Legendary Shark

Well, I think it's awful. I will never accept a Doctor who's from Yorkshire.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

auxlen

I'll just say this here and hope i dont get the abuse I have received elsewhere.
Disclaimer. I long ago realised new who isnt for me.
But how can a character that has for 50 years been male suddenly be female...Yes, it is interesting but on a species level how does that work?

Please dont call me 'misogynous prick' 'regressive cock' or 'sexist'. Maybe i'm just too old?

Andy Lambert

It's fantasy - how does a person manage to change their whole appearance several times in their lifetime?

Timothy

Quote from: auxlen on 16 July, 2017, 06:37:00 PM
I'll just say this here and hope i dont get the abuse I have received elsewhere.
But how can a character that has for 50 years been male suddenly be female...Yes, it is interesting but on a species level how does that work?

Please dont call me 'misogynous prick' 'regressive cock' or 'sexist'. Maybe i'm just too old?

I think the official Who explanation is wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

pauljholden

Quote from: auxlen on 16 July, 2017, 06:37:00 PM

There are fish that do it, doesn't seem a wild stretch to imagine time lords can do it.