Main Menu

Aww, **** it! The Art Comp Entries That Never Were…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 03 August, 2017, 09:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

Allow me:

A variation of the image that got me into 2000AD. The drawing of Dan Dare by Belardinelli that was used to advertise 2000AD in IPC comics.

No time to do roughs. Just got on with it. Unfinished and I would have worked on pose if I had more time, but had fun doing it.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Woolly on 13 August, 2017, 04:36:40 PM
Best I can do for this thread is...

and something that was entered into a competition, but then was omitted from the vote due to NO REASON AT ALL, AND WE SHALL NOT DISCUSS IT!  ;)
It's Dredd, having a heart attack in the bogs at Pete Wells Block, whilst eating synthi-sausage and a Gregg's Pasty.

S'niff! S' beautiful. Thanks Woolly!

Steve Green

The bleakest entry I could think of for the advent calendar...

The Dark Judges running Santa's grotto with a pile of tiny rotten/burnt/scared to death corpses next to them while the excited young 'uns queue up outside.

Possibly for the best.

Woolly

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 28 August, 2017, 02:24:17 AM
No time to do roughs. Just got on with it...
:o Blimey! Good stuff there, surprised it wasn't entered as is!

I had a crack at the Dare competition, wanted to do a Dan Dare/Ace Rimmer mash-up, but it just didn't happen...

Quote from: Pete Wells on 28 August, 2017, 08:32:44 AM
S'niff! S' beautiful. Thanks Woolly!

T'was my pleasure, sir  ;)

Dandontdare

Fisrt attempt with imgur after those robbing bastards at Photobucket mutter grumble....

The comp was 2000ad versions of famous artworks - I abandoned this Picasso Dante halfway through in favour of Nighthawks at the Diner re imagined as a Shapiro's hottie house.

SuperSurfer

Great failing, everyone. Don't keep it up.

Quote from: Woolly on 28 August, 2017, 09:52:19 AM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 28 August, 2017, 02:24:17 AM
No time to do roughs. Just got on with it...
:o Blimey! Good stuff there, surprised it wasn't entered as is!
Thanks, but as the clock struck twelve Dan Dare was black and white with one blue glove and one yellow arm. I carried on colouring after the deadline passed.

Woolly

Found a couple more, from the 'Redraw a Panel' competition...

james newell

this was to be my Dantay entry a few months back but never got past the sketch.

Adrian Bamforth

I was too late with this for the Sláine month; drawing from Fabry's version was a nightmare, though I quite like it now, I should perhaps have kept it more Kirby-style:

Woolly

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 03 October, 2017, 02:06:44 PM
I was too late with this for the Sláine month; drawing from Fabry's version was a nightmare, though I quite like it now, I should perhaps have kept it more Kirby-style:

Alas, the evil of Photobucket strikes again...

Adrian Bamforth

Fungus

Woolly

Fungus

Possibly my last aborted entry, don't remember the subject.

'So, Nemesis will be cool. If I do it all painty it'll be great!'
Hm - nah.

Woolly

I actually find that rather beautiful, Fungus.
The odd flashes of red really bring the skin tones out, and the overall composition works really well.

Good stuff.