Main Menu

Blank Thrillmail

Started by Tjm86, 07 February, 2018, 06:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Is anyone else getting a completely blank thrill mail?  Last couple I've received are just a black blank and nothing seems to download.  Odd.

DrJomster

Mine are fine. Never had a problem like that one. Couldn't be a setting could it that's switching off pictures?
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tjm86 on 07 February, 2018, 06:41:04 PM
Is anyone else getting a completely blank thrill mail?  Last couple I've received are just a black blank and nothing seems to download.  Odd.

You've got the secret decoder ring, right...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

we all got the thrillmail that instructs us to hunt down and kill whoever owns up to receiving the randomly selected "blank thrillmail of death" - Get running, punk!

Tjm86

The Enigmatic Dr X

You mean you didn't get the update about the Dredd TV series? I was wondering why you weren't commenting on the thread. (You can see the thread, right?)
Lock up your spoons!

Mattofthespurs

Mine always look blank until I click the 'show images' button and then, hey presto!

sheridan

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 12 February, 2018, 07:55:10 AM
Mine always look blank until I click the 'show images' button and then, hey presto!

Same here - except I don't click on show images as doing that too often puts me over my data allowance on my hone...

James Stacey

Despite signing up with 2 different emails, I've not had one for a year or so. Its not even appearing in my trash or spam :(

Molch-R

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 February, 2018, 11:19:00 AM
Despite signing up with 2 different emails, I've not had one for a year or so. Its not even appearing in my trash or spam :(

I had a check of the list for the Thrill-Mail and you're definitely still subscribed and the emails have been going out - that probably means the service you get your emails from has decided not to even let them through at all. It's a perennial problem with email marketing :(

James Stacey

Thanks Molch-R, can you let me know the email they come from and I'll hassle my sys ops guy to unclog. I get enough spam that seems to make it through. suffn ruffn!

Molch-R

Quote from: James Stacey on 21 February, 2018, 11:51:56 AM
Thanks Molch-R, can you let me know the email they come from and I'll hassle my sys ops guy to unclog. I get enough spam that seems to make it through. suffn ruffn!

The emails display as 'press@2000AD.com' though they come from Mailchimp's randomised servers.

Tjm86

well, most recent one came through okay.  So whatever changes have been made ...