Main Menu

New Rogue Trooper Film!!

Started by Beeks, 15 July, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

This is fantastic news 👍🏻👍🏻. Rogue was my first favourite when I was introduced the world of 2000AD. Yes the story lines aren't as varied as Dredd & Jonny but as a possible one off film (would prefer a trilogy in his search for the Traitor General) this could be a great Futuristic shoot em up to introduce a new audience to the world of Tharg and the thrills contained in the pages of the progs.
I hope they don't stray too far from the essence of Rogue & his buddies and try and cram too many nods to characters or stories in his adventures i.e. Stallones  "Judge Dredd" .
Any rumours on time scales or is this just an open ended project?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Steve Green

It's not even been officially announced by Rebellion, early days.

Duncan tweeted something along the lines of condensing a childhood favourite last year (I think), if it was that I imagine there's some kind of treatment at least.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: davidbishop on 16 July, 2018, 01:17:32 PM
I hear Scarlett Johansson has a gap in her schedule...

Very well played.  :lol:

DaveGYNWA

So we're looking for someone who looks good in blue....

And the lads pre-biochip:

Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Tjm86

Didn't Tulio give the Smurfs the Nu-Earth treatment last year?  Or was that a particularly dubious batch of meds?

JayzusB.Christ

It's times like this I wish the Mayor were still around, just to read his casting suggestions.  Justin Bieber as the Traitor General, perhaps?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Rogue - Idris Elba
Helm - Ricky Gervais
Bagman - Steven Merchant
Gunnar - Karl Pilkington
Traitor General - Richard E Grant
Venus - Uma Thurman
Major Magnum - Schwarzenegger

This is why I don't make films...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

blackmocco

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 16 July, 2018, 11:27:02 AM
Quote from: DrRocka on 16 July, 2018, 11:13:35 AM
Would this not be the CGI/quasi animated style of Warcraft?

With Rogue's near-zero brand recognition amongst the general public, I'd expect the budget to be quite a bit smaller than Warcraft's...

And all the better for that, I think. Moon was great. WoW was very much not. Rogue could be done relatively cheaply (compared to the likes of Dredd where an entire city needs to be built every time).
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

radiator

Interesting news, good on Mr Jones!

I'm going to assume this is going to be a fairly low budget indie type deal more along the lines of Moon than Warcraft?

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

sheridan

hazy efc

Amazing news a Rouge Trooper film by Duncan Jones wow this could turn out to be something really special, Duncan's film moon is fantastic so I'm super excited to see what he does with the Rouge charcter, and fingers crossed Sam Rockwell turns up somewhere in the film but not as Rouge lol I could definitely see him as the Traitor General though :D

wedgeski

Good! Great! Mr. Jones is a fine director. Blue skin paint will be just fine. War robots are easy CGI and should be nice and cheap. The core revenge story is an easy sell. Can't wait!

credo

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 16 July, 2018, 04:34:07 PM
Rogue - Idris Elba
Helm - Ricky Gervais
Bagman - Steven Merchant
Gunnar - Karl Pilkington
Traitor General - Richard E Grant
Venus - Uma Thurman
Major Magnum - Schwarzenegger

This is why I don't make films...

Rogue as an actor of colour would definitely be a winner for me. Always thought that the combination of US Civil War and WW2 characterisations of the Norts and Southers was an oft-overlooked bit of genius. Both sides are bad guys - the Norts are nasty Nazi torturers, but the Southers sought to conduct their war using what are basically slave soldiers.

The film must have the following: Hoppers, bio-wire, glass zones chem-fog.

I, Cosh

Just make the whole thing an adaptation of Fort Neuro and I'll go twice.
We never really die.